Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22lr mini mag at midway now

Just because they canceled orders that were over a year old doesn't mean they are gouging. Nothing is the same price it was 13-14 months ago. If I had a customer call and demand a price from 2013 I'd probably laugh at him. And point out our quotes say right on them good for 30 days.

Where do you think in my back order it said "good for 30 days". How do they accept my order over a year ago, periodically email me reminding me to keep my credit card information up to date to ensure my order is still valid, then suddenly inform me that the order is cancelled all the while offering the same product to the public at large, probably at a much higher price than promised me?

I'm not randomly demanding a price from 2013, they offered it to me at that price and when they couldn't fulfill it immediately offered to send it at a later date. How do they all of a sudden find product 14 months later and not offer it to someone who's been standing in line figuratively speaking? If your business considers actions like that to be good customer service, I'm glad I'll never have reason to do business with you.

Just because they canceled orders that were over a year old doesn't mean they are gouging. Nothing is the same price it was 13-14 months ago. If I had a customer call and demand a price from 2013 I'd probably laugh at him. And point out our quotes say right on them good for 30 days.

I was referring to the $60/500 at my range where there is PLENTY of ammo.

12 cents a pop for .22 LR?

Where do you think in my back order it said "good for 30 days". How do they accept my order over a year ago, periodically email me reminding me to keep my credit card information up to date to ensure my order is still valid, then suddenly inform me that the order is cancelled all the while offering the same product to the public at large, probably at a much higher price than promised me?

I'm not randomly demanding a price from 2013, they offered it to me at that price and when they couldn't fulfill it immediately offered to send it at a later date. How do they all of a sudden find product 14 months later and not offer it to someone who's been standing in line figuratively speaking? If your business considers actions like that to be good customer service, I'm glad I'll never have reason to do business with you.

I agree with you 100%. Business is a two sided street. Some business just want it their way and screw the customer, there will be more coming. Look at CTD I personally know over 100 guys would will never buy from them again. I am sure Midway, and Larry Potter would not like that to happen. JFWIW

:cheers:

My backorder was cancelled also. I called and they said that the part number i had on order was no longer available. I went and looked and they did no longer have that part number in the website. I think that is a strange way to cancel backorders.

I did end up getting 10 mini mags at 6.99 ea. That is the price they used to sell it at

Just got off the phone with their customer (non)service; yada, yada, yada, it's our policy, it's set in stone, we can't substitute lesser quantities, nothing we can do, etc.,etc., etc. Does no good to point out that someone ("management") made the decision to handle it this way. Does no good to suggest that maybe I would have been happy to pay the higher price or accept a lesser quantity. Does no good to suggest that maybe they could have notified the back order people that lesser quantities at a higher price would be available to them before releasing it to anyone who was lucky enough to think about placing an order that day and just happened to open that page at the right time - it never occurred to me to open it because.....I had already ordered it!

My conversation with both the CS rep and his supervisor was polite and to the point, no rant there or here, just expressing my frustration and disappointment with the situation and reminding them that there is plenty of competition in their business and that I'd be looking elsewhere in the future because of how they'd have chosen to handle this, all of their apologies and finger-pointing (at the manufacturers, the computers, the system, management) notwithstanding.