Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten barrell sleeve

Merlin Orr

Used to have one when I shot limited..

worked really well..really did put a lot of extra weight out there...

only problem I saw was one of the local shooters his came unscrewed in a match..went downrange :wacko:

occasionally I still see my old limited gun show up at a match..still runs really well

I don't know if it is the weight or the way the tungsten absorbs the energy differently, but it is soft and flat (as flat as any open gun.) Combine that with the Recoil master and a 14lb main spring I don't see a downside for the way I like a gun to feel.

Some say its slower to transition, but you couldn't prove it to me. My transitions today on 5" square plates 1' apart at 7 yards were .2 to.23. Not the .14's that Jake is going for, but acceptable for me ;)

I use a KKM and it is super accurate (It will bust clay pidgeons at 45 yards all day long.)

I would defintely shoot one if you can and see if you like the feel. It is almost like shooting minor :D

I don't know if it is the weight or the way the tungsten absorbs the energy differently, but it is soft and flat (as flat as any open gun.) Combine that with the Recoil master and a 14lb main spring I don't see a downside for the way I like a gun to feel.

Some say its slower to transition, but you couldn't prove it to me. My transitions today on 5" square plates 1' apart at 7 yards were .2 to.23. Not the .14's that Jake is going for, but acceptable for me ;)

I use a KKM and it is super accurate (It will bust clay pidgeons at 45 yards all day long.)

I would defintely shoot one if you can and see if you like the feel. It is almost like shooting minor :D

I believe I am going to risk a barrel and get this done on my new SV bushing barrel .40. I have e mailed Brian Hawley for more info and costs. I like the feel of a tungsten guiderod - but after about my third one broke I gave up on having one. Hopefully this will work better.

I think the transistion time on a 5" plate might naturally be a little more than a 450 + square inch target... ;)

I believe I am going to risk a barrel and get this done on my new SV bushing barrel .40. I have e mailed Brian Hawley for more info and costs. I like the feel of a tungsten guiderod - but after about my third one broke I gave up on having one. Hopefully this will work better.

That is a bit of a wild side move! ;)

I shoot Para's, which don't come in a long dustcover configuration. Johnnny Lim's tungsten sleeved bbl gets me the weight out front (though I can't tell you how it compares oz for oz with the long dustcover).

The gun is heavy (tungsten sleeved bull barrel, tungsten guide rod and all steel frame), but it suits me. :P