Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-09 trigger ?

goosedowner

I've been shooting a Glock 17 in IDPA shoots and I gotta tell you I really hate the trigger in it..lol I long for a trigger like the one I had in my para P-16 limited gun that I shot years ago. I got too handle a P-09 last week at a club shoot and I really liked the way it felt in my hand and how it pointed. So how good can you make the trigger in the 09 and still be legal in IDPA and USPSA production?

Lots of good stuff to be found here: http://cajungunworks.com/p_series_parts_and_acc.html

The Trigger Return Spring (TRS) is a must! Will reduce the double action pull quite a bit. Use the Professor Atlas tuning guide for polishing up internals...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773&hl=+kneelingatlas&page=1

Can do nice stuff.

change mainspring, install ext firing pin, pull some tension off the trigger bar spring.

install CZ Comp hammer, install heavier sear spring.

CZC parts available as well as Cajun.

Edited by eerw

I've got a P 07 with all the CGW goodies. The trigger is excellent, but different than a tuned shadow trigger. It has a tad more creep and a bit less crisp break. But that's mine, I haven't tried any other tuned delta triggers. And frankly, I didn't do much polishing when I was inside it, I thought I'd wait until I put a new trigger in it, which I haven't done as of yet.

It won't be like a tuned 1911 trigger, but you can get the triggers very nice. I used CGW parts in mine and did some polishing in the areas David suggests as well as reducing the tension of the trigger bar spring. I'm very pleased with it.

I have a P07 and P09 that eerw (Stuart at CZC) has been so helpful in getting me hooked up with. I highly recommend you send him and email and see what they can do in your price range.

Coming from a life of pulling on a 1911 trigger, these are clearly different. But the learning curve has been quick and I am getting comfortable with the DA/SA now. As an aside, both pistols are been incredibly accurate right out of the box.

Good luck!

I liked the parts and trigger in mine enough to shoot a P-09 in a year's worth of local bullseye matches in 2014. Coming from a Glock, my bet is that you will be very very happy with a P-09 with aftermarket parts from CZ Custom or CGW.

I've also shot some very good groups at 100 and 200 yards with the gun after installing a red dot sight. The mechanical fit and lock up of the gun are excellent. If you like the way it feels in your hands and like the grip to trigger reach, might be a very good choice for you.

Joe

Edited by Joe L