Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the case feeder disc for 45 the same as 40 cal?

I was having some case feed jams at the point where the case drops where one piece of brass is laying down as the plate comes around. I tried the small plate in mine and it would pick up the .40 case however if there was more than a couple of handfuls of brass in the case feeder it would put enough pressure to pinch the case against the case feeder and stop the clutch.

I went back to the large plate and made a little plastic wiper that tips every case inward a little and that shakes loose any cases laying down against the one in the shell plate coming around. Upside down cases and jams are 100% gone. Never had the problem on my 1050 (never loaded .40) and only on .40 in my 650.

Edited by Build4u

...I went back to the large plate and made a little plastic wiper that tips every case inward a little and that shakes loose any cases laying down against the one in the shell plate coming around....

Sounds like a neat mod - could you post some photos (and even better, video).

I went back to the large plate and made a little plastic wiper that tips every case inward a little and that shakes loose any cases laying down against the one in the shell plate coming around. Upside down cases and jams are 100% gone. Never had the problem on my 1050 (never loaded .40) and only on .40 in my 650.

Do you have a Pic?

I have never done this before so here goes I will not learn any younger. I will post two short videos under a new post in the Dillon part of the Forum. I have no beef with Dillon and mean them no harm, I am a fan. I own five currently and have had every model made except the big 50 and the 1000.

Ok maybe not. Can anyone give me some tips on how to attach a youtube link?

Edited by Build4u

Ok maybe not. Can anyone give me some tips on how to attach a youtube link?

Insert the following line:

http:// www.youtube. com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXXXX

Remember to remove the spaces I added above before and after "www.youtube". The "XXXXXXXXXXX" is the stuff in your specific YouTube video's URL.

Edited by StealthyBlagga