Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stepped up to a 650

Just placed my order for a 650 with case feeder, conversion kit so I can load 9 and 40, and am gonna be ordering a Mr. bullet feeder later today.

So happy that soon I will be able to load large amounts of ammo without spending huge amounts of time. doing everything on a rock crusher press is wearing out my arm.

:goof::goof::goof::goof::goof::goof::goof::goof::goof:

Congratulations man, Take your time getting it dialed in. I know a few guys who gave up because they thought the 650 should be a ready to go set up. IMO, i would not use the bullet feeder until your really comfortable with it being dialed in. Read the instructions over a few times while setting it up. I am sure you will love it, I LOVE mine.

Thanks Ricardo, I have read all the trouble people have had and already bought the upgraded bearing and dentant. I am putting EGW sizer dies, Redding pro seater and Lee Factory crimp die in. Figured the first 200-500 would be bullet by hand before then setting the bullet feeder up for each and then off we go.

Good luck with your new press. Get to know the 650 for yourself before getting anymore bells and whistles. The posts you read here are from experiences of what works for each person. Sometimes we even agree on what works best. ;) Find out what works and what doesn't work for you, and then start with the customizing. More fun that way and sometimes less expensive. :cheers:

Congratulations on the press.... you'll love it. The bulletfeeder will have you giggling like a little school girl. I predict that you will go into a type of shell-shock that will bring on panic attacks with thoughts that your supplies of primers and powder are insufficient and nearly depleted. This will cause hours of anxious searching on the internet for handloading supplies... an almost desperate quest that will occupy your every waking hour.

Just an update for everyone. bought the Competition reloading DVD with my 650. Got everything put together and setup. talk about making life easy. have a whole bunch of rounds loaded up.

my advice for any new owners.

1) take your time and read the directions

2) take your time and read about how to set it up correctly.

3) take your time and be safe

4) enjoy all the extra time you will have when you can crank out a couple hundred rounds in an hour and be done for the week. (day in my case it is seeming)

Thanks to Brian for a great place to have a wealth of information to help out

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran into my first major problem with my 650 setup. Reloaded every piece of brass I could last night and have run out of 9mm and 40 bullets. I swear it used to take forever to load up 1000 rounds of either and in a little over 4 hours I did that for both last night.

Guess I have to call Donnie @ Bayou and place an order on the magnitude of pissing off the postal carrier so she no longer likes me. What crappy problems to have

haha, nice man. I have used mine for 2 years without a case feeder and just got it in. WOW, can not believe I went so long without it. Seeing that my machine has been dialed in for a while, I can not believe how much of an improvement it is. Really glad you like yours and I to will be ordering more bullets after todays session.

So how long total did it take you to get it from pressing the order button on the shopping cart to having it delivered to your front door? For both the press and the MBF? Looks like seven days exactly from your posts but just wanted to check. Thanks

I want to add a bullet feeder and have had my 650 for almost a year. I guess I'm not loading as much as others do here. I want to wait till I'm very good at loading say at a medium first before I order one. Maybe things would be ok but I still have an occasional stall.

... swear they have order packed and shipped before I pay

Amen to that! Those guys are awesome about getting things shipped out.

Thanks for info, looking at ordering a 650 next week and wondering about delivery times for the press mostly. Has anyone ordered direct and can comment on the shipping from the inventor?

Living in CA I get items from Dillon in 2 days. Even using BE store I got my case feeder in 2 business days.

Must be nice!!! I ordered a QC Kit and some other items from Brian last weekend thinking they would ship Monday and I'd have them this weekend.

Dillon did not ship my order out til Wednesday!!! I wont get them until next Tuesday!

Bummer!

Mel

Edited by mele