Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire and eyepro

thermobollocks

Do you generally wear your shooting glasses for dry-fire practice? I was thinking about it, and figured it at least wouldn't hurt, even if I would feel like more of a dork than usual in front of the TV. I have to wear something, since I'm nearsighted, and there are subtle differences in FOV between my normal glasses and my shooting ones (and obviously contacts).

Is this one of those "of course you would" things, or has anyone else even thought about it?

I wear special glasses for shooting (.5 reader in dominant eye, no correction + scotch tape square over non-dominant eye), so I absolutely wear them for every dryfire session. If your shooting glasses are in any way different prescription-wise from what you normally wear, I think you should wear them for dry-fire.

I think it's probably an 'of course you would' thing.

I don't wear any of that stuff when I dryfire. If you're thinking about that you're worrying about the wrong things imo. Let your body learn to deal with those changing conditions, the same way you'll have to adapt to different range surfaces, hunger levels, whatever. Stop trying to be a robot and be a shooter.

I don't wear any of that stuff when I dryfire. If you're thinking about that you're worrying about the wrong things imo. Let your body learn to deal with those changing conditions, the same way you'll have to adapt to different range surfaces, hunger levels, whatever. Stop trying to be a robot and be a shooter.

DiI5IMz.png

I have no idea the extent to which it would actually help me out. I also don't have different prescriptions in my normal glasses vs. my frag resistant ones, and so far the FOV is just fine.

And I don't generally adapt my shooting to hunger levels. I adapt it to food. I do enough stupid crap, no need to add to the pile.

You should probably dryfire with a completely different gun than you shoot in matches. Let your body learn to deal with those changing conditions.

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...