Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger bar angle mod?

TRG65

I've done quite a bit of tinkering to the 34 I primarily shoot. I'm however reluctant to modify the angle that the trigger bar contacts with the connector. I've heard it can change the weight and crispness. I'm reluctant because I've not seen any pictures or directions.

Can anyone point me to a good book, video, dvd, website, or just post pictures with an explantion that would cover this modification.

On the board we've covered in detail how to drill the trigger bar to change the amount of contact with the striker, but changing the angle on "connector area" has only been hinted with no real good explanations.

Thanks

Seth

While I would redrill the trigger bar and reduce the contact area of the firing pin, I was always reluctant to change anything about the angle of the trigger tab.

I'm very good at this procedure. I now have Glocks that double and triple!

It really doesn't help much. As Cy said, it's a good way to make your semi-auto Glock start going full-auto. Done it on 3 Glocks over the last 12 years.

I've messed with the angle of the disconnector and also the curve at the back of the trigger bar. My conclusions are -

1. Lucky me that spare Glock parts are so easy to get now. Back in the day I had no choice but to box up the gun & send it back to Smyrna GA for free replacement of every part I screwed with. Came back with the stock 6 lb pull.

2. Those Austrian guys knew what they were doing when they designed each of the 3 different factory disconnectors. All three manage to release the striker forward at just the right time. If you experiment, your luck will not be as good.

I have the Vanek trigger [which is the ultimate] and I can't see ANY evidence that he has changed the angles and curves there.

Hope this helps

But guys, tinkering with a glock is the only way to add interesting events to your shooting. Otherwise, they just run and run, perfectly.

Yes I've managed to get glocks to triple and quad. Yes, I've had to replace parts, but it is pursuit of perfection, not to just be happy with what you know will work.

You have to know what you are doing. The trigger bar can be altered to cause a 5# connector to have the pull of a 3.5. One of these days I will post all of the Glock trigger secrets. I need to do just a few more to reach the $1,000,000 mark. And yes, one can get a sub 1 lb. trigger with a Glock. I find that to be too light for my tastes. I like a nice short 1 1/2 lb. pull.

sorry Joe,

The question was how, you and others have posted that it can be done.

The 34 I mentioned in my first post has a trigger that I did, and yeilds 1 5/8# on an RCBS gauge. So I can and have gotten an excellent trigger, but with almost entirely aftermarket parts and springs. I would like to get that or better with stock parts, and stock springs in a G-17 I'm trying to "build" for the least amount of money possible. The gun only cost me 225 to start.

Seth,

If you start shooting with a $225 gun...I will have to insist that you shoot it into Master Class (USPSA). :) (Nothing like shooting a gun that didn't require financing. )

Joe,

One of these days??!!?? That day is NOW. (Hell, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow...)

Gentleman I will do my best. Due to the rule changes in IDPA and a recent relocation, I'm putting a priority on shooting USPSA this year.

I'm only using aftermarket parts I've got "laying around" as replacements, ie $0 outlay. Other than that I'm trimming/modifying stock and if I go to far replacing with stock.

I haven't decided about the barrel yet. I am not a big fan of the stock and would like to put a bar-sto or kkm, but buying a new barrel and having it fit would go against the "theme" of this gun.

This will be in contrast to my good 34, which was a pricey proposition.

I'm still going to shoot Hancock, good people and good trigger time, so hopefully we will see each other there. Also you are welcome to come over here to our club in Morgantown. We ain't gonna be real strict, and we usually have some decent stages. I will probably try to make it over to Rayners once during the summer, but that is an awful long drive from Morgantown. I will be doing most of my USPSA shooting at Scottsdale/East Huntington. I don't know if you come east that far. If I can get classified in time I think I will try to shoot the area match they are hosting and if they still have spots by that time. If the Buckeye Blast allows UN classifications, I might try to make it over for that, but that would depend on scheduling.

We're going to shoot at East Huntingdon too. :D We'll probably shoot Beallsville, START, either Hancock or Raynors and EH. We will be shooting Area 8 also.

Try to find a club having a special classifier. You can get your first classification in one day. B)

And now back on topic: I have never modified my trigger bar angle. Remember I shoot revolver sometimes. Can't have the trigger be too good. :lol:

Bill Nesbitt