Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE STI DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2015 / June 12-14, 2015

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range was fine even during all the flooding. The Wichita River is a few miles north of the range. Porter designed the range great. You could shoot on it the day after the 3-4" rains.

Is the range surface still dirt? I haven't shot there in several years, but a wet match at the Double Tap Ranch used to mean cars stuck in the parking lot and 10 lbs of clay stuck to the bottom of each shoe.

**** My question was answered on another forum. I'm told Robert put down some kind of gravel on the bays and that it's a huge improvement over the old range surface. Thanks to Robert Porter! :cheers:

Edited by Rob D

Range was fine even during all the flooding. The Wichita River is a few miles north of the range. Porter designed the range great. You could shoot on it the day after the 3-4" rains.

Is the range surface still dirt? I haven't shot there in several years, but a wet match at the Double Tap Ranch used to mean cars stuck in the parking lot and 10 lbs of clay stuck to the bottom of each shoe.

**** My question was answered on another forum. I'm told Robert put down some kind of gravel on the bays and that it's a huge improvement over the old range surface. Thanks to Robert Porter! :cheers:

Ya he put down some 330 tons of gravel!

Remember the good old days, when we used to shoot this match in March. Remember getting sunburn the first day and shooting in freezing sleet and red mud up to your ankles... Maybe those weren't such good old days...

Best thing Robert did was move the match to June and put down the gravel. Now all we have is memories LOL

Still any open slots?

From the squad list it looks like around 10 have withdrawn from the match. Possibly due to the weekend weather forecast?

Yeah I saw the forecast for thunderstorms. Hopefully that will change, after all it's Texas.

Shot the match yesterday and again Robert and the Double Tap Crew have put on an outstanding match. No waits for stages, challenging fun stages, great RO's. Hats off to Double Tap.

OK Folks, from experience - No one wash their vehicle the week before the match - just sayin'

Thanks for the pro-tip. You weren't kidding, by the way! I'm riding around in a rental car and there were a couple of time that I wasn't sure I was gonna make it outta there under my own power.