Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Witness Match Grips...where?

pls4541

Where could I find non-aluminum replacement grips for my Match 40? I'm interested in something along the line of the VZ G10's. The hogue rep indicated their G10's would work, however I ordered a set of their rubber wrap around grips which were listed for the TZ and they are way smaller than my frame. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Stock 1 grips would be an exact fit. Stock II grips will be a little bit short.

So the Stock 1 grips would fit an Elite Match perfectly?

I fitted some CZ-97 wooden grips on a Witness and a Match. The are Nill target style. It was a little work with a file, but not much.

I didn't know they made nill grips for the 97. Do you have a pic of this?

Stock 1 grips would be an exact fit. Stock II grips will be a little bit short.

So the Stock 1 grips would fit an Elite Match perfectly?

I fitted some CZ-97 wooden grips on a Witness and a Match. The are Nill target style. It was a little work with a file, but not much.

I didn't know they made nill grips for the 97. Do you have a pic of this?

I may have to take a new picture of the Match and Witness. I posted some pics on the TZ-75 forum several years ago. Cannot find them on my computer. Nill still makes grips for the CZ-97. That is close to a large frame Tanfoglio.

No, I think they sold out. They were reasonable, but they only had the CZ-97. But for me this works.

I have two or three pair stock in box of grips. But I do not know where it is. Braseaux asked about some stock Witness grips and I have not located where they are.

I found three plastic grips, but I have a box of nice ones somewhere.

But I like the grips on the Limited Pro as well as the Nil. The recent Tanfoglio are top notch also.

• 3 weeks later...

Took about two hours with a file to fit the Cz 97 grips to a large frame Witness. They did not lay flat.

After fitting they are perfect. I used a real fine file, a proper wood file might make this a 30 minute job.

The increase in girth is not much. These are very contoured.

I hope to locate my spare Nill grips. They are in an attic somewhere. If I find them I will sell the Match grips in the picture. They are nice.

• 1 month later...

I was able to fit the Hogue wrap around rubber grips to my Match Elite. They are sized for the smaller frame but I put mine in some hot water and was able to stretch them around. You will need to remove some of the ledge on the rear of the grips as they will affect the mag insertion and release. It protrudes into the mag well and the mag will be very tight and will not be easy to insert or drop free. After you cut the material back they work fine.