Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ MAGS

Superpipe9

What mags should I get for the shadow? Mecgar 17rnd or the cz chrome plated 17rnd mags. The chrome plated ones are nice but are very pricey and I can get the mecgar ones for $20 each new or $16 each slightly used from a buddy.

post-1608-142184601918_thumb.jpg

Go rid of my 18rd CZ mags for MecGar mags. The CZC mags had Shock Bottle pads, but replacing them with Springer pads

The plated mags are nice, but the AFC mags aren't bad either. The plated are nice and slick.

The plated mags are nice. the finish is slick and nicely done. Have not seen the finish wear away.

The AFC mag is similar design. after a few insertions the finish will begin to wear to the metal of the tube.

springs in the mags are good and strong. follower is good. Baseplate lock nub, is in different location, so Springer and Shock Bottle pads fit correctly.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1421846015.385849.jpg

Go rid of my 18rd CZ mags for MecGar mags. The CZC mags had Shock Bottle pads, but replacing them with Springer pads

The plated mags are nice, but the AFC mags aren't bad either. The plated are nice and slick.

Looks like you have very mag made for the 75. If you started over and only went with one, which one would it be and would you replace the base pad with the shock bottle, springer or leave stock?

I don't think there's a good reason to spend more than the Mec-Gar mags. I beat the crap out of my dry fire mags and they hold up well. I have only used the Springer base pads so I can't discuss Shockbottle. I had a lot of 18s before I bought the Mec-Gars and bought the Springers because you can use different Springers to make Mec-Gars and stock 18s handle the same.

It all depends on your use.

I didn't like the 18rd SP01 due to weak mag springs (base plate slid off a few times during reloads) and cost. I sold the 3 I had and used the money to pay for some of the CZC mags.

CZC plated mags are REALLY nice. I got my set pre-owned with the ShockBottle pads installed, but just swapped them out for Springer pads. The plated mags are slick and drop out of the gun the easiest.

ad89276802cfbfdc3108b9498668956b.jpg

I found a deal on the MecGar 17rd AFC. I haven't had issues with them. I have Springer pads on the way.

de239da1a548eb77dfec7822f41089b3.jpg

MecGar 19rd mags don't fit in the box.

If you can't tell, I like the Springer pads. The contour matches the grip better, I can get them engraved, can get a few different colors and are priced right.

2f774b03250e34bb1f708dab6b8a5a99.jpg

Here's all the different mags I have.

c6473640657b8943bbec91eebf0df6d0.jpg

If cost wasn't a factor, the plated mags.

The economical buy are the MG17AFC.

If I didn't find the deal on the plated mags, I probably wouldn't have bought them.

With that being said, the plated mags are my main match mags.

Edited by Quack

I use the CZ mags in practice. But use the Mecgar in matches. I personally prefer the Mecgar mags. Despite being cheaper they just seem more durable. And I've never had a feed issue with the Mecgars. I've had feed problems with two of my CZ mags.

It is kind of infuriating for me that there are 16, 17, 18, and 19 round mags available for the CZ75.

The 16 round mags with rubber base pads are far and away my favorite mags for IDPA and Production. They also work with the CZC basepads to get to the 140mm length and can hold 20 with the stock springs and followers and up to 23 with the Grams Springs and followers. They will not work with .40 S&W. These will fit in either box.

The 17 round Mecgar AFC mags are also excellent although I don't care for the plastic basepad. They will fit 12 rounds of .40 S&W without issue. These will fit in either box.

The 18 round SP01 Factory Mags need a much stronger spring to work properly and it seems like kind of a waste to me to spend $35 to add 3 rounds with a baseplate to get to 140mm. They are also much more expensive than the other options.

The 19 round Mecgar AFC mags (+2) are also excellent and are the easiest ones to take apart for cleaning. They will fit 14 rounds of .40 S&W and maybe one more if you trim the follower. This will definately not fit in the IDPA box.

I have not broken any of these mags over the years but I have cracked some followers and worn out a few springs. I wish my 1911 mags were this tough.

Edited by himurax13

Update. I did get the cz chrome plated mags and they are a ton better than the stock mags. These things slide out much easier and faster than the stock mags and I think I actually prefer the smaller base pad so will be leaving them as is right now.

i have both and the plated ones do seem to fly out of the magwell! both are quality products custom shop recommends only using mecgar and cz magazines, and the plated cz appear to be mecgar. if you live in a communist state like i do mecgar is making a high quality 10 round mag now as well (all metal).

Edited by BeckA11416