Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for Left handed XD users magazine release

kmaultsby

Hello everyone, I am right-handed left eye dominate. My eye dominance problem has gotten really bad so this past weekend I shot my IDPA match left-handed. Believe it or not I shot pretty well. A little slow of course but with more dry fire practice I should be good. My question is with an XD are you using your left index finger or left middle finger to release the magazine or are you using left thumb?

Index finger, I am left handed, and always used the trigger finger with 1911s and continued with it. Tried the thumb when I got the XD, and didn't like it at all. Even if I were right handed I would still use my index finger.

Use your trigger finger, and you'll never have a AD when slamming a mag in, most AD I've seen are right hand shooters during a load and not getting there finger off the trigger, power to the lefties.

Trigger finger is safer, because its of the trigger and activating the mag release. Although my experience level may not be to the same level as yours. I have always used my trigger finger to activate the mag release.

Edited by buller01