Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, I called Dawson today to see if they have heard anything. They said no and are now saying possible dates mid to end of April or May. Hopefully, that is not correct and they will hear from their rep soon. I am 1st on the list for a Open gun.

I should just cancel mine. That would help everyone out. I know as soon as I do they would be out the next day. LOL

Edited by Trunkmnky

I was told mine was the 12th DVC ordered at SHOT, looking to see mine in April is my best guess. They anticipated only 500 DVCs total to be ordered and actually received something close to three times that from what I have heard.

Edited by DirtyD1833

I was told mine was the 12th DVC ordered at SHOT, looking to see mine in April is my best guess. They anticipated only 500 DVCs total to be ordered and actually received something close to three times that from what I have heard.

I know I am #1 for the 9mm Limited from Dawson Precision. Not sure when they are suppose to get them. Hopefully soon.

Just had a call from the Ozzie dealer I ordered my DVC Ltd 357 Sig from and was told the firm that does the titanium nitride coating on the barrels has gone bust. My May delivery is now August as STI has to arrange a new source.

Don't know if this is just the Ozzie calibres or all of the calibres.

Just had a call from the Ozzie dealer I ordered my DVC Ltd 357 Sig from and was told the firm that does the titanium nitride coating on the barrels has gone bust. My May delivery is now August as STI has to arrange a new source.

The LTD is only available in 9 & 40....

Not correct. STI are doing 357Sig and 38s for the Australian market as we cant legally shot 40s. 357 sig is the only way we can make major for IPSC standard division.

I stand corrected, I am glad to see a work around in place so that you can enjoy as well!

Not a problem DD. I'm also very appreciative of STI being prepared to go to this trouble to keep us Ozzies happy.

Sandbager, I put up 25% and was told May delivery , and now through the unfortunate situation above, it looks like August. I ordered mine around lateFeb from memory.

who was your ozzie dealer,is this news just for 357 sig ? I've got the dvc on order

i have a question for those that ordered one. Did you have to put down a deposit and is the deposit refundable? were you told when you ordered when your gun would come in? how long are you willing to wait for a DVC ?

For Brazos I paid a $400 deposit. Expected delivery time was put as 8 weeks (invoice shows delivery date of 4/11/2015).

Their website states that orders for out-of-stock STI guns are subject to a $100 cancellation charge plus any other fees they incurred. (Which is reasonable - I'm not finding any fault with them)

Kinda getting antsy but I guess I'll wait. Just anxious. I've been shooting production for ~4 years now, finally have enough money saved for a Limited gun, and want to get one and get started. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore just listed police trade-in SV's for $2k :(.

Edited by MGMorden

To answer your question about deposit, I placed my order with Dawson Precision and they do not require a deposit. In other news, I just got off the phone with them and they said that they have not heard anything about a problem with the barrels but also said they don't have an estimate on when they would go out. I do however now know that I am in the top 10 orders to go out once received of the DVC 40 Limited.

Patience is a virtue...too bad I don't have it.

i have a question for those that ordered one. Did you have to put down a deposit and is the deposit refundable? were you told when you ordered when your gun would come in? how long are you willing to wait for a DVC ?

Ordered 2/26/2015

Brazos

Limited 40

$400 deposit

I am not sure where on the wait list I'm at for the Limited 40, but I believe I'm in the first batch Brazos ordered from STI.

I was told they were due in from STI in late March/early April, but to expect a more realistic date of May/June and to be flexible. I hope they come in sooner rather than later...the wait sucks! It's worse than waiting for an NFA stamp!

For Brazos I paid a $400 deposit. Expected delivery time was put as 8 weeks (invoice shows delivery date of 4/11/2015).

Their website states that orders for out-of-stock STI guns are subject to a $100 cancellation charge plus any other fees they incurred. (Which is reasonable - I'm not finding any fault with them)

Kinda getting antsy but I guess I'll wait. Just anxious. I've been shooting production for ~4 years now, finally have enough money saved for a Limited gun, and want to get one and get started. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore just listed police trade-in SV's for $2k :(.

Curious, I looked: http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/152317/infinityused/strayer-voigt-infinity-swat-40sw-police-trades

I had just ordered and paid for a custom 2011 build from a local smith before the DVC's wer announced. I've received it and really like it it, but had I seen the DVC first I'd might have gone that route.

To answer your question about deposit, I placed my order with Dawson Precision and they do not require a deposit. In other news, I just got off the phone with them and they said that they have not heard anything about a problem with the barrels but also said they don't have an estimate on when they would go out. I do however now know that I am in the top 10 orders to go out once received of the DVC 40 Limited.

Patience is a virtue...too bad I don't have it.

I'm #1 for the DVC Limited 9mm, +1 with Dawson for no deposit down. The wait is killing me lol.