Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-18 Magazines in Stock!

accu9

In all honesty, I'm not sure. I've read that some have to take material off the basepad to fit with the pro custom's magwell, and others found the 21 rounders to fit with no mods. I will let you know as soon as I receive them.

Mags came today and nope they wouldn't engage mag release. Take off base pad and the metal sleeve will engage. Might try doing some sanding of pad or just look for different pads. Any ideas?

These are not Marked Made in Canada, correct?

Me- I would sand down the top of the pad.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=+DAWSON+PRECISION+PRODUCTS:Baseplates+For+Para%2C+EZ-Off%2C+Adds+Length%2C+Not+Capacity

I've used these with all my Para tubes and they will clear the magwell in .300 length. May loose some capacity on the 21 rounders. I get 18 with the mags that came with my PC 18.9

Just switch the basepads to the Dawson extended and you won't have fit issues. Or change the magwell to the SA but it requires frame modification. I get 21 in mine with Dawsons without tuning. I think they will hold more but I don't want to risk reliability by tweaking them to hold another round or two.

Craig

Received the 21 round mags and they don't fit as others have mentioned. A shooter at my local club who also has a Pro 18.9 used a dremel and removed material from the basepad, took some metal from the mag catch area, and slightly cut/ changed the angle of the feed lips to better approximate the 18rd mags that came with the gun. I tried his modified mag in my ProC 18.9 and it ran flawlessly with 21 rounds loaded. I'm going to do the modification to all my mags, but I am still interested in trying the dawson basepads.

In my opinion STI mags are still the best option for these guns in a competition setting. My 140's work flawlessly with no mods at all and will accept 21 rounds with the STI follower and spring. I'm going to try a Taran Tactical spring/follower and base pad combo to see if I can get it to 23. Grams guts would be another option if they make them in 9mm

I tried some older Arredondo inserts from a 16.40 and they wouldn't clear the HD Arredondo Spring. They may work if you buy the complete kit from them, but they didn't work for me. I have to admit, I didn't spend a whole lot of time on them, once I figured out the STI mags will work as well as the stock 18 rounders, I was lucky enough to grab 3 more stock mags when the Para Pro Shop was still open.

Still no luck with these, I did try a buddies sti mag and no joy there either. I have started to grind some of the base pads and have ordered the dawson pads. But didn't realize I need the inserts as well. We'll crap!

Does anyone know when the pro shop will open back up, this is getting rather frustrating. Again thanks for all of the help

Kian

Para is being absorbed by Remington, in case you didn't know Kian. The longevity of Para is unknown, and you would be best to call them before waiting for the website's Pro Shop to re-open. You may find the website forwarded to a Remington domain at any time.

Travis Tomasie and Gabby are both part of Team Remington now.

As I've posted before, there are two different length mag tube out there for Para's. Measure the tube or have some one do it for you before buying older mags. I have a bunch of 16.40 tubes that won't fit anything with a magwell regardless of what magwell is on there.

post-21145-0-45688500-1422391470_thumb.j

My Paras all have S&A magwells and I haven't found a basepad/mag combination that won't fit yet. Arrendondo, Grams, Dawson, Para, and a couple that aren't even made any more. I have mags made from 1992 through 2005.

Craig

For those of you who purchased a Para recently, have you received your Rebate yet?

I called yesterday and after being on hold for some 40+ minutes they told me that they had not received any of my paper work and have no record of the electronic submission that I sent almost 2 months ago. Luckily I have duplicates of the necessary forms/ paperwork that I sent in and screenshots with the date when I electronically submitted.

I registered online Dec 7th and I think mailed it that same day. Got confirmation they received it on Jan 1st. Just checked last week and it said mine had been mailed out and I should receive it by Feb 19th. Nothing yet, guess they used the tortoise instead of the hare.

When you registered online did you get an email that said it was successful?