Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Edge, Edge Plus or SC Custom?

syme71

Almost set to take the plunge and buy my first Limited gun and I'm having the toughest time deciding on whether to go with a regular Edge @ $1,700, the Brazos Edge Plus @ $1,999 or the Brazos Custom @ $2,299.

I'm leaning towards the Edge Plus but wanted to get your opinions before I shell out the $$.

They are all backed up by Bobs quality so i think you cant go wrong on whichever you choose. Remember, theres still magazines to buy, holster and mag holder that will hold the double column sticks.

I agree, I just went thru the same process you are about to embark upon! The gun is only about 60% of the cost of the stuff you are going to "need"!

Dillon 650 Reloader

Belt

Holster

Mag pouches

Range Bag

Chrono

Timer

The list just keeps growing :angry:

I already have most of the stuff you listed. I've been shooting Production the last couple of months.

This my first plunge into an S_I type gun. One of the reasons I'm considering the three listed is due to their immediate availability (SC is a longer wait @ 6 weeks).

It looks like you get a whole lot more than $300.00 worth of upgrades with the Edge plus. Hard chrome alone is $200.00.

On the other hand I bought a hardchrome gun and almost immediately wished it was blued or in the white. As a began to shoot it I found edges I wanted to file off and small things I wanted to change, which was made more difficult because everything was chorme. BTW mine was used .

Don't spend the same money twice. Get the best to start with. I learned that the hard way. A new shooter has so much to learn that dealing with a non working gun really can take away from what he needs to focus on. With that being said be sure to get your mags tuned from Bob at the same time so your not have to fool with them too.

Definitely go with the SC. I got mine about a month ago. Sold 3 guns to help pay for it, and I will never go back to a Para again. (Although I am keeping it as a back-up gun.) There will be more BCG guns in my safe someday. When I was ordering it on the phone Ingi asked me what I was shooting now, I told her a P-16, she just laughed and said "There's no comparison." She's absolutely right. The gun is as smooth as a baby's bottom, fit and finish is flawless. Most importantly, at 50', it routinely will put five rounds in the same hole with my reloads. Their customer service has also been top notch.

Bob's guns are AWESOME! I've been using the SC Limited gun while waiting to take delivery of my Custom Limited and Custom Open Pro SX guns in May :) . It is the nicest gun I've ever owned of the 13 I have including my Springfield TGO1! I decided to give CF Bullseye a try with the SC and 1/2 way through the season I'm sitting in 2nd place. It is a very accurate gun. I will hate to sell her :( when the Custom guns come in but they have to get paid for some how. You will not be disappointed with his work!

Dave

Coming from the "beginner" prospective...

I bought a used Edge for $1300. Ran it for a year until I was sure I liked it, made a few changes, then sent it of to Virgil Tripp and had it hard chromed. Pistol runs like a scalded cat and is more accurate than I can shoot. Have less than $1550 in the whole thing.

I'm not saying there aren't better pistols, but until I knew what I wanted, I saved the extra $400 of the price of fancier guns and bought a Dillon 650...

If budget is no object, then which gun you go for is irrelevent...just buy the top of the line and don't worry about it.

I'm not saying there aren't better pistols, but until I knew what I wanted, I saved the extra $400 of the price of fancier guns and bought a Dillon 650...

If budget is no object, then which gun you go for is irrelevent...just buy the top of the line and don't worry about it.

I agree. It is all depends your budget.

Don't spend the same money twice. Get the best to start with. I learned that the hard way. A new shooter has so much to learn that dealing with a non working gun really can take away from what he needs to focus on. With that being said be sure to get your mags tuned from Bob at the same time so your not have to fool with them too.

Jon said it all.

If the budget IS a problem - still buy the best - just buy it used...