Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mobil 1 really?

BOOM

Unrelated to Mobil 1, but I bought a used Glock 34 recently from a local guy. The smell from the dang thing almost made me throw up, smelled like wintergreen snuff. It took a few wipings with denatured alcohol to get all the smell out, but that was enough experience with that lube to never use it. I'm not sure what type lube it was.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben gay or frog lube for sure :ph34r: .......make sure u get it all out if youre going back to mineral based oil, because, biodegradable lube will turn into paste when it mixes w petroleum based oil.......

Edited by Dustbuster1

Unrelated to Mobil 1, but I bought a used Glock 34 recently from a local guy. The smell from the dang thing almost made me throw up, smelled like wintergreen snuff. It took a few wipings with denatured alcohol to get all the smell out, but that was enough experience with that lube to never use it. I'm not sure what type lube it was.

EEZOX smells like mint. Might be that. EEZOX is a great cleaner and rust preventer, but not the best lube IMO.

I've used EEZOX on the outer gun surface for years mainly because of those steel plate test that compare different brands of oils against rust. It is one of the better RUST inhibitors. It is interesting the differences in oils, and greases that have specific qualities values such as friction, rust, and temperature. Would anyone know of a compile list of Data listing "all" these qualities so we can compare .