Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me make a decision, Limited pro or Limited elite.

nchauvin

Well, im wanting to get into limited and into .40cal. Ive been looking around alot and have decided on an tanfoglio witness limited pro or limited elite.

Need some help making an informed decision. On paper i really like the limited pro's sa/da, and the limited elite seems to have alot more features overall and from the prices ive been seeing go around there not very far price wise from eachother.

Any insight is welcome, Thanks!

-Nick

Go for the Limited. The pro is too close in price to a Limited, but the balance of the Pro may be more to your liking. A .40 Match makes a decent limited gun, too, especially if you can dig up and older model with a supersight. I would try to buy one in person or order two and send the worst one back, EAA seems to love to sell blem guns from Tanfoglio, so it most likely won't be perfect if you examine it close enough. I'm not just talking about scratches, but poorly machined frames, using parts that should have been tossed, and dinged, poorly crowned barrels. Both new Limiteds I have bought, one in 2010, one this year, have both had multiple quality issues. I'd look at a CZ Tactical Sports, too, they have awesome triggers right out of the box. I've gone back and forth with them and Tanfos.

The Pro can be converted to SA quite easily.

Edited by pivoproseem

Limited elite for sure! The da/SA trigger doesn't even compare to the limiteds SA only. My limited trigger is pretty badass, almost 2011 badass.

In my stock 2 the hammer hooks are huge compared to the limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for the Limited. The pro is too close in price

The Pro can be converted to SA quite easily.

Wish I had picked out a Limited instead of Limited Pro. Have not gotten to the range yet with mine. But want to convert to SA. I like chambering a round right before firing.

How much work is needed to convert a Pro to single action?

The way I view the choice of the two is this, if your going to modify the gun like Hennings trigger, grips, mag well and EGW hammer and sear. Go with the Pro, the price difference will pay for some of the mods. Basically the difference between the two is the Pro uses a short dust cover, standard barrel, DA/SA trigger, no mag well, lighter overall weight, and no scope mounting holes. I've lost count on the number of Limited and TS that I have cut the dust covers back on. If you want to make the Pro heavier up front the slide can be reamed to accept a bull barrel or the stock barrel with a tungsten sleeve.

If you plan on no mods Limited, if you want a custom gun fit to you go with the Pro.

Rich