Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Groundhog Day

ErikW

Wednesday was Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address.

It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a ridiculous little creature of marginal intelligence for prognostication.

The other involves a groundhog.

Yeah. good one Erik! :P

On the same day, somewhere along the Pakistan-Afghan border, Osama popped out of his hole, albeit quite briefly. He glimpsed his own shadow and peed himself in fear. So, in six more weeks his lackeys will release another video tape extolling his bravery. Now that's ironic juxtaposition. ;)

Yeah. good one Erik! :P

On the same day, somewhere along the Pakistan-Afghan border, Osama popped out of his hole, albeit quite briefly. He glimpsed his own shadow and peed himself in fear. So, in six more weeks his lackeys will release another video tape extolling his bravery. Now that's ironic juxtaposition. ;)

Hear! Hear! ( sounds of clapping ) :D:D

I think Groundhog Day should be officially upgraded to include widespread execution of groundhogs via AR15. You wait for Punxatawny Phil to show himself, then you wax him with a 52gr load from Black Hills.

Whether or not he sees his shadow will now be filed in the same section as whether or not a tree makes a sound if there is no one to hear it when it falls. ;)

It will make Groundhog Day much more American than just poking fun at rented politicians!

EricW,

I like your bash of President Bush!  A little because it's funny, but mostly because it reminds me that I don't have to disparage President Kerry.:)

Respectfully,

jdkelly

Guys, you need to get the Eric/ks straight.

I'm not a Bush basher. And yes, he's wanting as a public speaker, and his speechwriter(s) all should have been summarily fired 4 years agao, but that's not an indicator of low IQ.