Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 22 jamming

Garmil

I'm having a constant issue with rounds jamming in my glock 22 with lone wolf barrel.

They get stuck pointed up and make contact with the top of the chamber with the slide partially closed.

To fix this I can hit up on the bottom of the mag and the slide closes or pull back slightly on the slide then release.

I'm using factory ammo, the problem occurs between shots and loading the first round by hand.

What causes this type of jam?

Have you tried dropping your factory ammo into the barrel and seeing if the ammo drops in and out with just gravity alone? (Take barrel out of slide when doing this.) Some Lone Wolfs are known to be tight, so the extractor has a hard time pulling the spent cartridge out.

Take a look at your extractor as well. Could be chipped.

You could also be limp-wristing the .40.

I'm running factory 22rd with tf supercaps.

I haven't dropped rounds in, haven't had a problem with extraction just with the weird angle getting hung up.

Don't think it's limp wristing few people shot it had same problem.

I started with only 22rd mags and added extensions before ever using them.

I just got a factory 15 rd mag I haven't shot it yet but when comparing them the 15rd sits highe, there is a noticeable difference in the angle of the slide stop with the 15 from sitting on a higher follower. Should I modify the other followers to sit higher?

Try the Wolfe replacement springs or the ISMI replacements. Both are stronger than the factory springs and may well solve your problem.

Ok thanks I didn't see any wolfe springs that would be appropriate. The ismi gl2 should be stiffer than what I have though.