Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes the most durable slide mounted RDS?

Canuck223

My guess would be the Aimpoint line but I have no empirical, verifiable data to make that claim. I will say that I never hear of them breaking like some of the others.

EDIT: meant to say Trijicon

Edited by JMike

• 2 months later...

Trijicon RMR with a 6 MOA dot. I was worried about the 6 MOA dot but out to where I shoot at 25 to 50 yards, I wobble more than 3 inches @ 50 yrds. And mostly I shoot lots less than 25 yrds. I'm waiting for the Vortex Viper to come out. I will probably try one as the glass looks bigger than my RMR07.

Like many others, the Leupold Delta Point is the best I have ever owned. I also prefer the 7 MOA, for USPSA. Zero at the top point of the delta and it stays zeroed.

Comes on automatically, shuts off on its own, and a battery will get me through the entire summer.

Deltapoint. No moving parts, great glass and lightweight. mine has 8000 rounds and counting no issues

+1 on this. Have had Deltapoints mounted on a couple of slides on hard recoiling pistols with no issues. A local smith that builds quite a few open 2011's has slide mounted several and speaks highly of them. I do wish the batter was in a drawer or could otherwise be replaced without removing the sight.

Deltapoint all the way, its not going anywhere if mounted correctly, is the easiest to visually see and acquire by far, especially compared to the RMR, I do want to try out the Vortex Razor one day, heard some great things but not sure if getting used to the large glass on the Deltapoint ruins it for me

Built an open 3 gun pistol for a guy who went with a Razor. It sits a lot higher than the deltapoint but glass size is good. He is planning on swithing to one of the new low profile models when they hit the market. Razor(newer models) would be my second choice if the deltapoint wasnt available.