Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch

SISIG

Long screws almost all of the way in and the spring with the ridge is about perfect for me. I was using the lighter retention spring until I dumped a mag on the ground during a match, now I use the heavier ones and they are just as fast but retain better.

Long screws almost all of the way in and the spring with the ridge is about perfect for me. I was using the lighter retention spring until I dumped a mag on the ground during a match, now I use the heavier ones and they are just as fast but retain better.

^^^this is how I have mine set up and so far it has worked fine. I would add that I adjusted the long screw with a mag in the pouch, and ran it in just until it got rid of the side to side motion. Too much and I would be concerned about wearing the mag finish. (Slightly ADD, I know....)

That's the combo I am using as well.

Thanks guys, I end up smoothing the end of the screw with sandpaper because it's catching the hole in the side if the magazine, otherwise with just a few dry fire I'm liking it. It just so natural.

Your telling me there's a way to use magazines for competition shooting and have the finish stay on them? Learn something new everyday.

Not at all. Mine aren't even that old, and between dry fire, live fire and matches they are quickly developing a significant amount of character. But, with a little care you can (potentially) reduce one source of wear - at least until CZC gets the nickle plated ones back in stock......