Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2015 Freedom Munitions Multi-Gun Match

From the squad list it appears ( and this is just a guess) that there are 16 squads calculated for and likely 8 stages. Squads 1-8 would likely shoot Sat AM, Sunday PM and shoot 4 stages each day, Squads 9-16 would shoot Sat PM, Sunday AM and again shoot 4 stages each day. Just like the Bushmaster 3-Gun in April. But then again, i am only guessing. And given this it is unlikely that there could be an honest to goodness night time stage. You'd have to run up to 240 people though it in one night! Now that said, USPSA Nationals a number of years back had a Dark House furnished by Surefire (I think) out at PASA Park. A Dark House could accommodate a squad on a regular rotation. Make it a pistol only stage or even shoot the house, then exit into daylight to finish.

Hey, in a week or so we ought to have to additional information from the MD and crew.

See you all there

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know if you can drive a car from bay to bay for the match? I heard they rented golf carts last year, so I am trying to decided if I need my 3-gun cart and plan to put some walking miles on.

Anybody know if you can drive a car from bay to bay for the match? I heard they rented golf carts last year, so I am trying to decided if I need my 3-gun cart and plan to put some walking miles on.

Last Year was held at Clinton House in SC.

This match is at Woody's Hunt and Rifle Club, New Hill NC. You don't need your cart.

Edited by Willz

I will mark this match down as a priceless LEARNING experience! ( as are all matches)

I learned some serious lessons, which had the rules not been revised, would have resulted in a trip to DQ.

Set the SAFETY! Forgot once on the rifle, once on the shotgun.

Rookie stuff but it will never happen again.

Lots of mental mistakes. I was told by someone we all respect " you can be a great shot but not know how to shoot a match." I'm now working on breaking down each stage into manageable pieces, of course once I lose count due to a miss or other screw up, I have to change my plan. That's the more difficult part, adapting to changes and executing a new plan on the fly.

At some point the shooting is the easy part, the mental game is the true challenge.

Edited by Willz