Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 771 mag pouch problem

Youngeyes

I got some right hand 771 pouches for SS . The pouches are on my left hip and can only cant to the back and not forward. The site states the right hand pouches are meant for right handed shooters who reload with the left hand.The rep was like,"Huh"? :surprise: I can't see anyway to set these things for a forward tilt. If I get the left handed pouches will they work. Has anyone else had this issue?

Never had that problem. If you get the left hand holder, the tension screws will be on the forward edge. You might consider reversing the belt attachment, adding a thin spacer and longer screws.

I use 771s for single stack. I am right handed. This is the rig:

post-400-0-83754400-1418178006_thumb.jpg

For some reason, I kept the packaging for the pouches. Here is the label:

post-400-0-56725200-1418178043_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps!

ETA: I went to the website and selected the following:

Group 6 | Hardshell STX | Black | STX Tactical | Right | 1.5"

And it yielded the same part number

Model 771 | SKU 1102578 | Part 771-53-121-150

(I use them upright also)

Edited by ChuckS

Youngeyes, I get what you are trying to do. Have the mag or mags with the farthest reach tilt towards your hand as you are grabbing them. You can use a left hand pouch(for right side carry) to get the tilt you want, however the tension screw and roller will be the opposite of your other pouches. Another thing to consider is the tilt will cause you to have to space the mags further from your vertical mags. The easier reach from the tilted mags may be negated by having to reach further around your back.

Thanks guys. Thanks Chuck for the photos. Can't find anyway to tilt these things correctly so I'll just run them straight up.

It looks like you got the wrong parts! In any case, I found upright to be best also. Forward cant just moved #6 too far back.

Have fun and practice reloading!