Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI basepads in Production - USPSA

afletcher1965

So...I went through the other posts and didn't see anything about this. I do see that there are specs for the maximum size of the gun (has to fit into the USPSA box with an empty mag, etc) on the USPSA website but don't have my gun with me at the moment and can't measure until I buy the basepads.

Sooo....does anyone know for sure that a M&P CORE 5" with the TTI basepads (supposedly fits the USPSA 140mm guage) fits in the requirements for Production Division?

On a side note...as I understand it you can't add an APEX trigger and stay production. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance for your help...

A 140mm extension is not legal in Production but if you're looking for a replacement basepad we make one that is Aluminum and is legal for Production, it doesn't add any capacity and fits the box.

A 140mm extension is not legal in Production but if you're looking for a replacement basepad we make one that is Aluminum and is legal for Production, it doesn't add any capacity and fits the box.

Are we talking about these?

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_278_292&products_id=1308

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_278_292&products_id=1101

And that brings up another point...I'm guessing that these are legal for IDPA ESP with the ESP magwell AND are legal for USPSA Production but you can't use the ESP magwell. Am I correct?

Are we talking about these?

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_278_292&products_id=1308

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103_278_292&products_id=1101

And that brings up another point...I'm guessing that these are legal for IDPA ESP with the ESP magwell AND are legal for USPSA Production but you can't use the ESP magwell. Am I correct?

Those are the ones. And you're correct on the second point.

For esp I use the speed shooters specialties base pads with the "toe" ground way down. I have no idea why they added all that unnecessary aluminum. I hated the way they fit the hand and with my pouches placed pretty close I have inadvertently dumped the mag behind the one I was drawing on the ground.

post-48695-0-18380700-1418265643_thumb.j

My biggest frustration has been that you really need to use either an absolutely stock gun or go full out custom. The guys in the middle that aren't ready either because of skill level or budget to go into the Open Division are kinda left in an awkward position. I can't see why there can't be a middle ground there. Things like not being able to change out your trigger or have extended basepads are fairly inexpensive upgrades that can make a big difference but if you do them then you're thrown all the way from Production to Open.

My biggest frustration has been that you really need to use either an absolutely stock gun or go full out custom. The guys in the middle that aren't ready either because of skill level or budget to go into the Open Division are kinda left in an awkward position. I can't see why there can't be a middle ground there. Things like not being able to change out your trigger or have extended basepads are fairly inexpensive upgrades that can make a big difference but if you do them then you're thrown all the way from Production to Open.

There's always limited, that's kind of what it's for.

Back on topic, the 10-8 basepads are nice as well, and you can get them in original aluminum or apex's molded plastic version.

"And you are correct. The apex trigger will put you out of production." - LilBunniFuFu

Are you referring to the Apex FSS trigger only? Because as far as I know, my Apex CAEK trigger kit is production division legal.

Edited by rack&roll

"And you are correct. The apex trigger will put you out of production." - LilBunniFuFu

Are you referring to the Apex FSS trigger only? Because as far as I know, my Apex CAEK trigger kit is production division legal.

The CAEK is just a spring kit. As soon as you change the physical trigger itself, it bumps you out of production and into Limited.