Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use stock barrel for limited division Glocks?

ICEMAN550

I shot about 5,000 rounds before switching barrels. I switched because I wanted to see the difference and in my experience I have noticed a difference in accuracy OR reliability. I think from know on I will be sticking with the stock barrels unless it's a conversion barrel. I prefer my g35 with a lone wolf conversion barrel over my g34. I liked it so much I am selling my g34 soon!

I'm sure someone already mentioned this... but shooting 9mm in Limited is an automatic handicap in points. You'll eventually move to a .40 platform. With that said I can't argue enough the need of a longer sight radius. If I was in your shoes, this is what I would do:

Police Trade-in G22 from Bachman guns: $300

Dawson Sights: $100

Taylor Freelance Front Sight Block: $50

KKM threaded G35 Barrel: $200

SJC Heavy Magwell: $140

Glock Store 11lb Tungsten Recoil Rod/Spring: $50

Taran Tactical Ultimate Trigger Spring Kit: $50

CPWSA Extended Mag Release: $15

CPWSA Grip Tape: $15

Total: $920

Here's why you can't go wrong with the Taylor Freelance FSB:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197377&p=2304311

I run my stock barrel for Limited. I am also shooting only 9mm (yes I get the minor handicap). I am currently running BBI bullets, and am not having leading issues. Once I buy a Glock 35 I will run an aftermarket barrel to avoid the buldge issue. I may also run a conversion barrel in 9mm at first since I have the magazines and reloading equipment already.

I would also suggest just running a basic spring kit/connector until you figure out exactly what you want with the trigger. For $20 bucks from Glockworkx you can get the springs and connector. Polish it a bit, and it feels pretty great for what you put into it. It also is still legal in Production if you choose to shoot that division.

I shoot USPSA, also am LE and SWAT....I'd start small and work your way up as you learn the Glock trigger and get more proficient.....

I'd start with the following for limited:

- Stock Glock w/ Glock barrel

- Fiber optic sights (plain rear & fiber optic front)

- 3.5# connector (I like Glockworx Zev Race 4 connector, but the Lone Wolf works well too)

- do-it-yourself ".25 cent polish job" (Google online for directions)

- Glockworx/Zev Tech competition spring kit.

- Magazine extensions (for added round capacity)

Glock - $460

Sights - $80

Connector - $15

spring kit - $9

mag extension - $65

total: $629

Leaves you plenty of room for ammo to practice with!