Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

December 21st Patrol Rifle/Carry Pistol Match at Topton

We are going to try something a little different at Topton in December. This will be a rifle/pistol match with a run what you would carry theme. We want to give everyone a chance to compete with the gear they claim they will use during the zombie apocalypse but never actually practice with. The cost will be 25 dollars and there will be three long stages with high round count. Maximum range for rifle will be 100 yards. We will require preregistration to get an idea of head count. Funds can be paid the day of the match. Those interested can send an email with names and squad requests to Matt Nagel enagel8143@verizon.net. We would like to have a minimum of 20 shooters in order to have the match.

200 rifle and 200 pistol will more than cover it.

Rifle

16 inch barrel or less. SBRs and suppressors are ok. If you have one of the new SIG braces on an AR pistol you can bring that too. Magazine capacity will be limited to thirty rounds. There will be three divisions. Open sights, dot with or without magnifier, and scope. 308s are also welcome. If you are shooting a 308 it will be one A hit on paper.

Pistol

Bring what you normally carry on the street. Glock, M&P, 1911, etc,. But please no game guns.

If for some reason all you have is game gear have no fear. We dont want to turn anyone away but you may find yourself shooting for fun and not for score.

Edited by Matt_in_Pa

Eddie if I'm not mistaken I think Topton runs their action matches on the third Sunday of the Month as York IWLA is on the second Sunday so this should be the 21st of December? Interested in the date as well as this sound like it will be fun.

I have you and your crew on the list Dave. Jim, don't get too hung up on barrel length. The 16 inch stipulation was somewhat arbitrary. As I mentioned in the original post we wanted to keep this a run what you would carry match but also did not want to exclude anyone due to lack of gear. There are a few people signed up with longer barrels. If it's a competition gun then you will be shooting for fun. But if for example your homeland defense rifle is a Knights SR-25 with a 20 inch barrel then we would be ok with that. The idea is to prevent guys shooting production guns from competing with open guns.

Hey Matt - are you sending confirmation emails? or do we just assume that you got our?

thanks

I have been sending confirmations. Please send me another email in case I missed the first one you sent.

emial resent

Question on pistols - My son will be bringing his IDPA ESP gun, which is an M&P with the IDPA legal mag well on it. do we need to take the mag well off for this match. No big deal if we do, just thought I would ask.

Question on pistols - My son will be bringing his IDPA ESP gun, which is an M&P with the IDPA legal mag well on it. do we need to take the mag well off for this match. No big deal if we do, just thought I would ask.

Just confirming what Dean said. No problem with the mag well.