Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extension tube max lengths

Dustbuster1

AM running a Beretta 1301 w a Nordic XT =5 extension giving me 9 rounds,wanting to increase capacity, i just added another add on extension w coupler which brought me to 14 rounds w one chambered.

Barrell is a 21", the length of the tube with add on extends exactly 11.5 inches past the muzzle. Too long?? or did i do this wrong?

As usual all help appreciated,thanks

i didnt know if there was a length rule or safety something i may have overlooked mainly cause the barrel is 21 not 24 or longer.The other thing was the coupler for the extension adds diameter, would rather ask than experiment and risk damage....will look for the jesse video though thanks

in the 50-ish stages I shot this year, I never needed to have more that a 10+1 set up. I probably could have shot the stages differently, but there wasn't a big advantage or would have a 11+ tube. A 10 tube lets you load two on the beep and still have some room to maneuver around tighter spaces. Some people at Blue Ridge 3gun had a tough time with longer tubes (it was fun to watch :sick: ). You ever try to sling a 14 tube muzzle down you should be at least 6'5".

+1 for the safety issue of KEEPING it in a barrel.

I have a 24" 1301 with a +7 Nordic tube to give me 12+1. It is about 6" past the barrel. No issues with the length. I prefer 12+1 for quad loading as I like the tube to be a multiple of the loading style (load 4 for me). I started with a 10+1 and ended up adding a +2 extension to the end because I could only do two quad loads and then a load two to top it off. In a match I don't want to have to think that hard. As far as your tube being to long, I would say no as your shot won't hit the tube or anything like that. I don't think a 14 round tube will be a problem in barrels either. My only recommendation is make sure you use a clamp to help hold the tube in place as that is a lot of leverage on the tube and it could break when you throw it in a barrel. my 2 cents...

Okay, color me confused, but I'm new to shotguns, and to 3-Gun as a whole, so when I don't know, I'm asking......

The OP said that he has a 1301 with a Nordic +5 that gives him 9+1.

I just bought a 1301, and was about to order a Nordic extension, but if my math is right, a +5 extension should give me a capacity of 10+1. Am I looking at that wrong? Is that a matter of cutting the spring properly? I went thru the 50 page thread, and I should have written down the pertinent info, but that's my mistake, I did not do that.

I really would prefer to ask the question, and order once rather than not asking, ordering and having to return and re-order. Appreciate the time, especially since other people seem to have the same math as me that the stock configuration is 5+1. Again, just hoping to make sure.

Cheers and thanks.

Okay, color me confused, but I'm new to shotguns, and to 3-Gun as a whole, so when I don't know, I'm asking......

The OP said that he has a 1301 with a Nordic +5 that gives him 9+1.

I just bought a 1301, and was about to order a Nordic extension, but if my math is right, a +5 extension should give me a capacity of 10+1. Am I looking at that wrong? Is that a matter of cutting the spring properly? I went thru the 50 page thread, and I should have written down the pertinent info, but that's my mistake, I did not do that.

I really would prefer to ask the question, and order once rather than not asking, ordering and having to return and re-order. Appreciate the time, especially since other people seem to have the same math as me that the stock configuration is 5+1. Again, just hoping to make sure.

Cheers and thanks.

The +5 should give you 10+1. You will probably have to trim the spring to fit the 10th round.