Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you use to train at home

zhangla

I know Glock users have SIRT or auto-reset triggers + laser cartridge to train at home. Does MP users have equivalent tools available? How about airsoft clones, any metal slide that's exact copy of the real MP pro?

I emailed NextLevelTraining about MP version SIRT and was told they will be available in 2015.

At the mean time, it looks like I am stuck with LaserLyte cartridge and endless slide racks...

I've got a LaserLyte and the LASR Range software. I'm not using it to it's full capability since I have to rack the slide too. Once the SIRT M&P is out then it will be much better.

I'm also using a M&P Officially Licensed Airsoft pistol. It is pretty effective at short ranges (7-10 yards).

You can read more in my post here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203005

I've got a LaserLyte and the LASR Range software. I'm not using it to it's full capability since I have to rack the slide too. Once the SIRT M&P is out then it will be much better.

I'm also using a M&P Officially Licensed Airsoft pistol. It is pretty effective at short ranges (7-10 yards).

Great info!

I have MP9 pro 5''. Will the airsoft clone fit in my holster? How about the weight, all metal or polymer? I suppose the trigger on airsoft is totally different than APEX...

I just dryfire, without a laser or anything fancy.

I find that as long as you are truthful with yourself and focus on doing everything right (and dont just try to beat a par) that its incredibly helpful.

However, based on the previous poster Ive been strongly considering grabbing an airsoft gun to screw around with.

Me too.. I just use my unloaded M&P. Same one I compete with. Once it's striked out...you can still pull the trigger which is good.

Edited by nwhpfan

Me too.. I just use my unloaded M&P. Same one I compete with. Once it's striked out...you can still pull the trigger which is good.

I actually made a bunch of dummy rounds with no primer/power that I put in the mags when I dryfire practice.

Great info!

I have MP9 pro 5''. Will the airsoft clone fit in my holster? How about the weight, all metal or polymer? I suppose the trigger on airsoft is totally different than APEX...

The one I mentioned in my post fits my CORE holster perfectly. The weight is a little lighter than the real pistol but with a mag in it it's pretty close to a real pistol without a mag. The trigger is different. Haven't messed with it to see if there is any way to manipulate it at all. There is also a video out there where a guy puts some material (some type of pliable eraser) into the mag to keep the airsoft bb follower from going up to the empty position. That will allow it to fire when empty. I think they use airsoft guns in movies or something. I haven't done it but if you wanted to simulate firing without shooting bbs then that could be a good solution.

I emailed NextLevelTraining about MP version SIRT and was told they will be available in 2015.

Press Release: NextLevelTraining just announced that an M&P SIRT will be available by [insert factious bs date].

After withing like a fool for one of their many 'available by' dates I went with a Laserlyte in my spare competition M&P with mags loaded with unprimed dummies. More than good enough and way cheaper.

Look at this. http://www.aimtechsystems.com/laser-marksman.html I was told that if you had the PRO Model, just specify your barl length and possibly the mag length (not sure why?) when ordering. I found this after seeing some guys bragging on their computer targeting game/system on one of the cowboy sites. I am sure they were using the barl-end laser with their six-shooters but claimed these to be worlds ahead of the Lazerlyte(?) product quality, either of which leaves a lot to be desired with autoloaders. The SIRT does look awesome but based on remarks I think I will hold off and go with the cowboy version by aimtech for Christmas. I do have the cheap Big Bird CO2 airsoft copy of the MP, fun but has encouraged trashy play BUT that is my fault. I have well entered the second childhood phase of life!

While waiting for the MP version of SIRT to come out, I have purchased the MP clone airsoft. It is on sale right now:

http://www.evike.com/products/47404/

Review is pretty decent. I ordered some black BBs according to someone who mentioned the tendency to watch white BBs flying from barrel to targets... We will see how it goes.

I use my regular pistol and have my mags loaded with dummy rounds (no primer or powder) so that the weight is the same. I find this particularly useful when practicing reloads.

Yeah, I do the same. I even bought another MP9 Pro 5'' for dedicated dry firing, with APEX kits and everything identical to my match gun. I guess I am just looking to diversify my dry fire training to be beyond simply "rack - click" paradigm. Really looking for the ability to have something to auto reset my trigger...

You guys have enticed me to make a move, today I will order the laser muzzle insert with target combination package as my Christmas present to 'ME'. If after a few weeks play I am satisfied with the quality I will add another one to complete my pair of cowboy .45 six shooters. THEN I will consider the conversion ofr my MP PRO Model and a computer target system. For what it is worth, I purchased the LaseLyte system (9mm laser chamber insert, plus target) and two of their barl inserts a couple or so years back and considered it as being of cheap toy quality and as such gave it to one of my grandsons.

I do like my Big Bird Smith and Wesson airsoft clone but only after swapping over to the more expensive CO2 magazines. I do not understand why kids can recharge their magazines with canned air and then load a full line of tiny rubber BBs without dropping a one but both operations are a nightmare for me. The CO2 fixes one part of this so you might want to see if that option is available for your brand. Once I get it loaded, it is fun to blast away at the little airsoft targets. I currently have a few sheet metal zombie targets, a teeter totter and a Texas Star style airsoft targets. I love the moving targets!

Just an update on the airsoft clone for MP9. I received yesterday and tried it. It is pretty cool, except that it does not fit into my Bladetech MP9 Pro holster. It does fit into my MP9 compact IWB holster (CrossBreed SuperTuck).

At this point, this airsoft is not useful for practicing draw and fire. I am returning it.

Just an update on the airsoft clone for MP9. I received yesterday and tried it. It is pretty cool, except that it does not fit into my Bladetech MP9 Pro holster. It does fit into my MP9 compact IWB holster (CrossBreed SuperTuck).

At this point, this airsoft is not useful for practicing draw and fire. I am returning it.

That's strange that it doesn't fit your Bladetech holster. I got one of the officially licensed M&P clone airsoft pistols and it fits mine. I have an M&P 9mm 5" core. I got the Bladetech OWB for 9mm...had to make a slight adjustment to the end because my 5" pistol was too long (just heated it up with a heat gun and inserted my gun into the holster until it cooled)...it works fine with the airsoft gun.