Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diamondback

wamcei

FWIW It's my understanding if it ain't on the list, it ain't legal. Might be one day if / when the board, or whoever makes those decisions, adds it to the list but till then you're out of luck. Just my .01 2/5 cents after taxes.

• 4 weeks later...

If it were to be added to the list, has anyone heard anything about the new gun. I'm not sure what kind of reputation DB has, but something about the gun is intriguing to me... a big part of it is the price, and it was pretty ergonomic when I handled one once.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an email to DB asking if they had considered submitting the gun for addition to the USPSA production gun list. If I hear anything back, I'll try to remember to post here. Sadly I sent the email at the beginning of the week and still have not heard anything back. I hadn't realized it, but they and Taurus are related, the email for them is info@taurusdiamondbackdistributors.com. Maybe if more people send emails asking, they will actually get their $h!t in gear.

If you want a good striker gun on the cheap, why not look at Canik TP9? Frankly the old one probably out-classes the DB9 fullsize. The TP9SA should really kill it.

However, I don't think either of those is likely to get put on the list soon. Which leads to the next question...is it really that much more to just move up to an established, definitely-production-legal gun like a Glock, XD, or M&P? I'm not a huge fan of any of them, but they're definitely all quite competent, and can be had for as little as, what, $100 over the DB? I think I've seen the 'service' model of the XD around 400, maybe even a little below.

Not fore sure getting one but I can't believe you can get these things for $250! It's basically a glock with ore ergonomic 1911 angled grip, with great slide serations, front and back, low bore axis, glock sights, and a 4.75" barrel. It just seems like a lot of gun for a little scratch.

• 1 month later...

Well, couldn't resist, and my curiosity got the best of me.....I ordered one! ($253 USD shipped)

I also sent emails to both Bud's and KGC. They have both replied that they would contact DB on my behalf regarding USPSA Production approval. If anyone else has one or is considering one i say contact DB about it. The more interest they see, the more likely they are about doing something about it.

The list of features were too comprehensive, the price was too low, and I'm itching for some tinkering!

-4.75" barrel

-Fully cocked striker fired w/o a hinged trigger

-Great cocking serrations front and rear

-Low bore axis

-Good ergo grip with beaver tail, and undercut under the trigger guard

-Less extreme grip angle than a glock (based on the mags, apparently that of a Beretta)

-Glock sight and holster compatibility

-Beretta 92 magazine compatibility

-Completely American made

-Lifetime warranty (yet I'm not sure how my tinkering will effect that, but who cares its $250)

The guys at Guns -N- Ammo Store are at the SHOT show so I will have to wait till next week for them to ship :angry2: I'll make sure to update people here on Enos of my opinions.

Well, couldn't resist, and my curiosity got the best of me.....I ordered one! ($253 USD shipped)

I also sent emails to both Bud's and KGC. They have both replied that they would contact DB on my behalf regarding USPSA Production approval. If anyone else has one or is considering one i say contact DB about it. The more interest they see, the more likely they are about doing something about it.

The list of features were too comprehensive, the price was too low, and I'm itching for some tinkering!

-4.75" barrel

-Fully cocked striker fired w/o a hinged trigger

-Great cocking serrations front and rear

-Low bore axis

-Good ergo grip with beaver tail, and undercut under the trigger guard

-Less extreme grip angle than a glock (based on the mags, apparently that of a Beretta)

-Glock sight and holster compatibility

-Beretta 92 magazine compatibility

-Completely American made

-Lifetime warranty (yet I'm not sure how my tinkering will effect that, but who cares its $250)

The guys at Guns -N- Ammo Store are at the SHOT show so I will have to wait till next week for them to ship :angry2: I'll make sure to update people here on Enos of my opinions.

Interested in your opinion of this gun. Please include a range report with your update if possible. Lgs had one and it seemed decent. For $250 I might have to try one.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the gun last Friday, and while I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, I have done a bunch of dry fire, and torn it most of the way down. Even did a little stoning and polishing on the sear surfaces. So far I am VERY PLEASED! (especially for $253)

Take a look at the review here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=209384&hl=