Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to update a Nook Simple Touch to latest version of Practiscore

L2450

I have Practiscore 1.2.18 installed on several Nook Simple Touch's. Practiscore is up to version 1.2.24 while Root'n'ScoreIt is still at 1.2.18.

How do I update the Nook using the Practiscore APK?

I'm not an Android guru!

Bud

I am having the same issue. I can download the file form the PS main page and unzip it to an SD card and I can see the files in the NST tablet but i can't do anything from there. I am also not an Android person but I believe I am looking for the apk file which i think is much like a .exe file on a Windows system. At that point I assume that I tap on it and the latest PS will install

Yep, just tap the .APK file in the file explorer on the Nook and it will ask if you want to install. It will overwrite the old version.

(If you ever have to do a version downgrade, same process.)

EDIT: I usually don't bother with the SD card, it's faster to plug in a ubiquitous USB cable to my Windows PC and just drag the file over to the Nook using explorer.

Edited by jester121

The way I do it is to use dropbox. I download the .APK from the web site and upload it to dropbox. I do this on the computer. Then on the NST I log into dropbox, tap the file and it installs. I do think you need to have an SD card installed for this to work though. I use this process when loading beta updates and it works fine.

That is how I understand it should work

When I download it from PS it comes as a Zip file. I unzip it on my PC into a folder and I do not see a file with APK as an extension. I see 3 folders - assets, META-INF & res and I see 3 files AndroidManifest.xml, classes.dex & resources.arsc. I move the file to the NST via an SD card and from the NST is see all those files plus the folder Android and LOST.DIR.

I don't see an APK file

If you are downloading the file from this page, https://practiscore.com/, by clicking the 'Download the APK', and you are getting a file named something other than 'practiscore.apk', your browser is screwing up.

You don't need to unzip anything. Simply place the file in Dropbox from the PC, then on the NOOK, open Dropbox, tap on the file, and it should present the option to install.

For Dropbox to work on the NOOK, you will need an SD card installed.

Edited by jcwren

I am downloading it from that link

I use Windows 7 Ultimate and IE 11

It downloads a zip file with the files above in it when un-zipped. I DO NOT get practiscore.apk

It does the same with IE 8

I can try Mozilla and Chrome and see what happens and let ya know

I just tried it in IE and you are right you DO NOT get the practiscore.apk file when Internet Destroyer downloads the zip file to your computer.

Since you have Chrome use it and it will download Practiscore.apk for you. If for some reason it doesn't PM me your email address and I'll email you the apk file or send you a link from Dropbox for it.

ZackJones that is good to know that using Chrome works. I really don't care for Mozilla. Over the next couple of days I will be trying the download through Chrome and see if it comes out good. We will be using the NST's on Sunday for our first trial run of them so I will wait until at least Moday to install the file if Chrome works.

ZackJones you are a genius! I could not wait so after getting home form work I opened up Chrome and went to the PS website. I downloaded the APK file EXACTLY like it is supposed to and added it to the SD card. I said what the hell and installed it in the NST and updated PS to the latest version and repeated the same for the other NST. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Edited by weldon20