Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ALS holster?

i decided to stop worrying about my pistol coming out of my holster while I'm running and getting a retention holster. After several recommendations and playing with a friends I decided on the ALS. I know I want to get. A drop to go with it but I'm having trouble deciding between the Safariland 1.5 drop and the invictous practical drop.

Also I'm considering getting the holster made to use a flashlight on the pistol, just in case I decide to shoot a night match. Safariland says it will retain the pistol with or without a light so I figure nothing to lose. Any reasons Why I shouldn't?

They are correct that it will retain with or without. I use one every day. I also use one for 3 gun and run a standard mount. Drawing for speed in 3 gun is not the make or break of the game. Wigh the regular platform the holstef will hold in a very riggid fashion and will not bounce around while you run. I would try it as it comes and then order a drop if it does not suit you. Just order the standard low ride.

jay

FWIW, I used to use the safariland drop offset attachment but have switched to the invictus. It give more options and, to me, provides a better angle for a smother draw.

I also use ALS for work and 3 Gun. It will retain the gun without the light but the wobble and noise is distracting, to me at least. I bought one for each. Extra money but the peace of mind was worth it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I just ordered my hanger from IP, and I'm about to order the holster. Once I get everything here and assembled I'll post an update with picture and info for others.

Edited by Dewberry

I started running an ALS holster after my wife dropped her gun at a local match :o The holsters work really well, my draw is damn near the same speed with my normal IDPA holster, and I'm sure that with some repetitions, it will be as fast without any issues.

i decided to stop worrying about my pistol coming out of my holster while I'm running and getting a retention holster. After several recommendations and playing with a friends I decided on the ALS. I know I want to get. A drop to go with it but I'm having trouble deciding between the Safariland 1.5 drop and the invictous practical drop.

Also I'm considering getting the holster made to use a flashlight on the pistol, just in case I decide to shoot a night match. Safariland says it will retain the pistol with or without a light so I figure nothing to lose. Any reasons Why I shouldn't?

The ALS is a great holster. I carry the ALS paddle every day at work and have the ALS with with a 1.5" drop and 1/4" offset on my micro battle belt. Very fast, very secure and extremely durable. Much tougher than any race holster I've ever used.

Edited to add, I've only used the ALS for duty.....Ghost is my choice for Limited.

And to boot, with a bit of practice my draws from it are just as fast as they were from bladetech's, so now it is also my production holster. In fact I think my draws are more consistent because if my thumb isn't in the right place it doesn't work,

• 2 weeks later...