Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport Firing Pin

W_Buck

I have an extended firing pin with a lighter, 15 pound mainspring and have not yet had any light strikes with Federal, Winchester, TulAmmo, PPU, Perfecta, or Remington ammo.

So I should be fine using the standard length with a stock spring? Is it worth getting the extended pin? Does the 15 give any noticeable difference on the trigger pull? Sorry for so many questions. Just got a Tac Sport and trying to set it up for limited. It's a little different that my Shadow. Of course the Shadow is running a 13lb main spring and needs an extended firing pin and lighter firing pin springs to light off all primers.

Edited by W_Buck

I'm running the longer one, but I've never had issues with the factory one before I worked mine over. I can run it over to Nathan's shop some time if you want to dry fire the shit out of it. :goof:

Edited by huskerlrrp

I'm using the stock firing pin spring. In my opinion, the 15 does make a noticeable difference . . . both in trigger pull and muzzle flip. That being said, I'm more sensitive than most.

I do not believe it is worth getting the extended pin. It is minimally longer than the stock one and it still doesn't come all the way to the breech face.

That would be cool. I'll have my new to me TS at Statesville on Sunday. Maybe do a side by side comparison.

I'll be at Statesville on Sunday. Also going to the Autism Match at Lake Lure on Saturday.

Which squad are you on? I would love to meet up with a fellow Enos fellow and check out your TS. I think I am on Squad 2.

Edited by JMike

• 2 weeks later...