Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differences between CZ UB magwell and Czechmate magwell.

TonytheTiger

Just seen CZ USA has both kinds for the same price and I like the fact that the czechmate magwell is black, but the pictures on the website aren't detailed enough for me to tell if it's similar enough to fit on a TS with minimal modification.

sorry, forgot to mention one thing. The main spring plug on the TS has a small pin that protrudes downward into a dimple in the magwell itself. The CM magwell doesnt have a dimple for that pin to protrude into. Two options here, remove the pin (easily unscrews) or drill a dimple into the CM magwell.

Edited by Avedis

OK, just got the black CZ-UB Czechmate magwell that fits the TS. It mounts a bit higher than the CZC magwells. It looks like the compact grips fit perfectly (used the stock rubber grips from my Compact L to test). The aluminum grips I trimmed for the CZC magwell are too long, need about another 1/4" shorter (see pic). This magwell would be great for those that don't want to add the czc extended base pads and spring/follower kit ($38+17 per mag), but you'd still need different grips (or sand down the factory walnut). It does make your support hand ride higher and doesn't extend the grip a low as the CZC version. I'm torn between the two options, there's trade-offs for both.

post-48756-0-77664500-1413332520_thumb.j

post-48756-0-21737400-1413332540_thumb.j

post-48756-0-99902300-1413332551_thumb.j

Edited by IronicTwitch

OK, just got the black CZ-UB Czechmate magwell that fits the TS. It mounts a bit higher than the CZC magwells. It looks like the compact grips fit perfectly (used the stock rubber grips from my Compact L to test). This magwell would be great for those that don't want to add the czc extended base pads and spring/follower kit ($38+17 per mag), but you'd still need different grips.

...or you need 5 minutes to cut down your full sized grips.