Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP short range sights?

1911vm

Really helps with multiple close targets and mid range targets for rifles. Obviously, I switch to 1x range when most of the stuff is close, but when they mix up 15yds with 75yds, I don't want to use the throw lever and this comes in handy.

I use them. Very fast for very close targets. Even with a 1-?x w/ throw lever (I use a 1-6x) they can be faster if you have a mix of close and far targets. Also gives an option if you have a vey low port to shoot through while prone.

They do add weight and would be slow for precise, small target shots.

Would it make sense to try one of the knock offs from Amazon just to see if I like it?

sure you can try a knock off. Does that company support the sport. Did they put the work into development. Purchase a quality product once and you won't have to replace it.

Jay

well so far I do not like it. that said . I am going to try 2 things before i give up. one high viz front post. and I watched a video on you tube and they had the front sight about 10-12 in away . I will test that hopefully tomorrow after church. and if it still does not work i will get the JPSRTS . i just wish i could try them side by side.

Edited by 1911vm

The one thing that I have noticed about the JP one is the fact that you cannot get a very long sight radius like you can with some 45 degree offset ones on the top rail. I know a guy who uses the JP one and he welded several more inches into the middle of the "rod" of the sight. He likes it, but to each his own.