Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Similarities between CZ's and Sphinxes

EatsEverything

Rhart123, yes I finally got it back. Some of the wait turned out to be my fault. Anyway, David said they got new sets of springs in and installed those. He said it ran like a top after that, zero issues. I have not had a chance to shoot it since I got it back but I trust the issue is fixed. I'm pretty sure he would probably just send you another spring set if you are still having issues. David is a stand up guy that backs his work 100%. He installed the new spring set, talked me OUT of doing a full trigger job and didn't even charge me for shipping the gun. I will definitely do business with him again in the future.

Edited by Pc1663

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FPRP also had that same indentation in it, but at the time I had not dry-fired it that much and it only had about 400 rounds through it. I hope it doesn't become an issue in the future and if it does I hope parts are available easily.

Pc1663, thanks for the update. Let us know your impressions of the trigger pull with the new springs and how it works when you shoot it with some hard-primered ammo like Tula. David never asked me for my address so I'm assuming (yeah, I know) that he will simply look me up in his customer base - I will be in there several times over the last two to three years.

My FPRP also had that same indentation in it, but at the time I had not dry-fired it that much and it only had about 400 rounds through it. I hope it doesn't become an issue in the future and if it does I hope parts are available easily.

Kriss USA told me that they do not sell parts, if I wanted to get the pin replaced I would have to ship the gun back. This is kind of disappointing.

Kriss USA told me that they do not sell parts, if I wanted to get the pin replaced I would have to ship the gun back. This is kind of disappointing.

I guess I shouldn't be too hopeful about replacing my large backstrap, then? :devil:

He installed the new spring set, talked me OUT of doing a full trigger job and didn't even charge me for shipping the gun.

I'd like to hear his reasons for NOT doing a full trigger job. I'll confess an urge to fiddle with mine, but is putting in springs all I can really do? Is it worth looking at a hand tune and polish or is that already redundant with the way SDPs come from the factory?

David said since it was not going to be used in competition he felt that the trigger was really good with just the springs and thought that I would be very satisfied with it. And he was right. With the new springs the DA is still heavier than I would prefer but noticeably lighter than stock. SA is really pretty nice. I do not know the actual weights but it's a good set up for what I'm going to use the gun for. He did tell me that the trigger work would make a substantial improvement but was probably not worth the cost for me and my planned usage. If I had plans for competing with it I would have gotten the work done, but I have 2 Accu Shadows for that :) Several hundred rounds through it with CCI and Winchester primers with no issues.

Edited by Pc1663

• 2 weeks later...

I found a website that was selling full size or standard size SDP pistols for about $1275, but they didn't have them in the duotone model (all steel). This site sells the compact for around $1100 so they are overpriced IMHO. So I wonder why no one else is offering standards yet? Maybe they are selling on a pre-order basis?

By the way I checked and this site is a US site - they are out of Texas.

Edited by rhart123

Here's what I got back from KRISS:

Thank you for contacting Sphinx. I am working on getting the back straps available for purchase. We have to work on pricing and availability for Sphinx parts. We will have them for purchase on our KRISS Online Store. If they are not on the store, they are not in stock as of yet. I have included the link below. I kindly ask for your patience as we work to get parts up for Sphinx. Thank you.

KRISS – Online Store

It's positive that some parts may be available, but there's not timeline, so it could be next week or next year.

Edited by EatsEverything

Since i got some interresting informations from this thread those last months, i will give you a small update (from switzerland) :

Fullsize steel-frame SDP are finally getting out of the factory

(here's mine)

t-f_DSCN0265558332558345100019341b.jpg

But i am cheating, i live less than 300Km from the factory.

Im guessing that exportation to the US will start soon...

Edited by Wipeman

Wipeman, Did it come with four magazines or did you buy extra?

It came with two.

I added around 200$ for 2 mags and the night sights (but those are swiss prices : here a sdp compact catalog price is 1540CHF - 1650$)

Edited by Wipeman

Hi Everyone,

No update in a while so here is the latest info.

Sphinx SDP Standard Black - will be out tenatively by end of summer.

Sphinx SDP Production - no release date at this time.

Sphinx SDP Parts - working on it.

If any of you happen to be attending the West Coast Steel Championships in Piru, CA. this weekend, come on by the Kriss/Sphinx booth and say hi!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm tired of waiting on this and have since decided that longer range accuracy is also important to me (my sig 229 and my SP01 group way better than my Sphinx compact at 50 meters and the sub doesn't even make a decent showing at that range). I got the chance to shoot a guy's AccuShadow last weekend and for the price range that it looks like the full size Sphinx will sell for I've decided to get the Accu instead. I still like the Sphinx and plan to keep both the compact and the subcompact forever (at this point). I've already offered to buy an Accu off the classified in this site, but if it doesn't work out I know where to look - and if all else fails I guess I can get on the waiting list at CZC or send my SP01 in to have the Accu bushing installed on it. Good luck to all you guys in your Sphinx endeavors.

• 1 month later...

Let's face it, Kriss is not doing much to support the Sphinx.

I recently got a compact, and it shoots extremely well right out of the box, but try and find extra mags, they are non existent, unless you want to modify others.

Heck, they advertised Halo sights 2 years ago, and still vapor.

Such a shame, as the product, albeit expensive, is great right out of the box. Sad, they are not doing anything to support the aftermarket.

Let's face it, Kriss is not doing much to support the Sphinx.

I recently got a compact, and it shoots extremely well right out of the box, but try and find extra mags, they are non existent, unless you want to modify others.

Heck, they advertised Halo sights 2 years ago, and still vapor.

Such a shame, as the product, albeit expensive, is great right out of the box. Sad, they are not doing anything to support the aftermarket.

Yep, I've given up on waiting for a Sphinx Production.

Hey Kriss USA--Look at Eagle Imports with their X-Calibur/K100 X-Trim to see how it's done. They have brought a gun that shooters are excited to run, been pretty transparent with the process, and are working to get parts and aftermarket support.

• 2 weeks later...

Sphinx SDP Production - no release date at this time.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SDP_Production_Duotone_pl_559_429_90.jpg

Well, it's available (in switzerland, of course).

full steel, extended safety, extended mag release, skeleton hammer, adjustable sights, no idea about the trigger.

1900 CHF at my local gunshop.

Good luck getting one overseas...(at least, it is real)

Edited by Wipeman