Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS or A Tanfoglio Stock II both in 40 S&W Which one?

Gdub

Ok I have a SP01 in 9mm. I'm thinking about something in 40 S&W to shoot production with. I'm thinking about either a CZ TS or a Tanfo Stock II. Please give me your best sales pitch to sell me on either gun. I've already had some input from Atlas on the Stock II which was more than helpful.

Thanks,

TS isn't production legal.

Why not shoot the SP01 you have and put the money into ammo and/or training?

I was told that you bleed points too quick shooting a 9 mm. Plus I'm already set up to load 9 mm and 40. I guess just a new toy. I've never worried about the expense in training. In the other sport I'm comming from that was just a given. Time is the only thing that keeps me from training more. Oh yeah, that and tennis elbow.

In Production, all scoring is Minor Power Factor. So it doesn't mater if you're shooting 9 or 40....or 45, it's all scored the same. SP01 is a great Production gun. The TS in 40 is for Limited.

I didn't know that. Thanks. That would make sense since the shooter I talked to shoots limited and open.

Ok I have a SP01 in 9mm. I'm thinking about something in 40 S&W to shoot production with.

You've arguably got the best Production platform in the most popular Production caliber, what sparks the interest in a 40 Stock II? Just wanting to try a Stock II and the 40s are easier to get?

An SP01 vs Stock II debate can go on all day (I know, I have both and can't decide which I like better :eatdrink: ), but it might be worth noting that a friend of mine who owns safe full of Stock IIs is now shooting a Shadow :ph34r:

Ok I have a SP01 in 9mm. I'm thinking about something in 40 S&W to shoot production with.

You've arguably got the best Production platform in the most popular Production caliber, what sparks the interest in a 40 Stock II? Just wanting to try a Stock II and the 40s are easier to get?

An SP01 vs Stock II debate can go on all day (I know, I have both and can't decide which I like better :eatdrink: ), but it might be worth noting that a friend of mine who owns safe full of Stock IIs is now shooting a Shadow :ph34r:

When I bought my CZC SP01 I didn't know much about the Tanfoglios. A Stock II in 9mm is to close to my SP01. I thought maybe buying a 40 would be a good excuse to buy one since it was a different caliber. You know us gun nuts can justify almost anything to ourselves. I'm a pretty shallow so I just love the looks of the Stock II.

I know that guy

You've been given some confusing info. To clear it up.

Production is minor only. In which case 9mm is probably the 'best' choice.

The stock 2 and stock 3 are production legal and are tanfoglios competitor to the sp01 shadow. All are da/sa. The tanfoglio have a nicer frame and finish. The cz has a nicer trigger. They are pretty close in practice.

The cz ts is sao and is for limited division. In limited you have minor and major scoring. To score major you need a min of 40cal and meet power factor. A hits are still 5 points but you get a bonus on c's and d's.

The tanfoglio competitor for the ts is the limited/limited custom.

Much like the prod guns it has a nicer frame and finish but the cz ts has a fantastic trigger.

All are great guns. I have a few tanfogs and a few czs. I love them all. :)

You've been given some confusing info. To clear it up.

The stock 2 and stock 3 are production legal and are tanfoglios competitor to the sp01 shadow. All are da/sa. The tanfoglio have a nicer frame and finish. The cz has a nicer trigger. They are pretty close in practice.

The cz ts is sao and is for limited division. In limited you have minor and major scoring. To score major you need a min of 40cal and meet power factor. A hits are still 5 points but you get a bonus on c's and d's.

The tanfoglio competitor for the ts is the limited/limited custom.

Much like the prod guns it has a nicer frame and finish but the cz ts has a fantastic trigger.

All are great guns. I have a few tanfogs and a few czs. I love them all. :)

Thanks BeerBaron you made it real clear for me.

it's the most popular choice, anyway. Shooting 40 in production isn't bad at all tho. the cost difference is trivial, and for me 40 brass is pretty much free. I'm eventually going to move to 9mm only because there's no such thing as an accu-shadow (or *any* shadow) in 40.

I'm not sure what the capacity is on a stock II in 40, but it might make an acceptable limited gun as well as an outstanding production gun if loaded to minor. And it's available.