Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI .40 S&W with N320 or Titgroup

Zoomy

After shooting MG 180 gr. HP in my 5" STI LTD for the last two years and taking a lot of grief from my lead bullet shooting buddies ( they say I'm an idiot for spending a nickel more per bullet). I decided to purchase 500 each of BBI 180 gr. and 200 gr. bullets and see what all the fuss is about. I have N320 and Titegroup.

I can come up with loads myself but I would like to know what recipes others have found to work best with the above bullet and powder combinations.

I have never used either with moly bullets, however I have heard that titegroup burns too fast for lead and moly.

I know that n320 is great

I have heard the same about Titegroup but supposedly BBI's new type of coating should not be effected by hot powders. Thanks for the feedback.

Just made up a few 200 gr loads using 3.7 gr of N320 and OAL of 1.180. I will report chrono results later today.

Only made 160.435 power factor.

The magic number is 4.0 gr of N320 OAL 1.180 gives a four shot average of 872 fps x 197 gr bullet= 171.8 power factor.

Why waste powder if u don't have to?

I understand where your coming from. But I only shoot 8000 rounds per year. So if I download 3 tenths of a grain per bullet that is 2400 grains saved which amounts to about $11 per year reloading with expensive Vit N320. My biggest savings comes from switching from Montana Gold 180gr JHP to cast and coated. That saves me $400 per year.

Edited by Zoomy