Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom double duelin dueces or AP

ffgats

Hi,

I basically use the 2up or twin load for shotgun loading, Trying to figure out which of the 2 is best for my application.

Taccom Double Duelin Dueces or the AP 2up 6 model.

real estate and retention of shells and of course the ease of use is also an important factor for me.

Maybe you can share your preference and experience. Thanks

Either will serve you well, but are different in pull/construction/... If you have someone around you with either/both, I would ask to check them out.

I personally use the Taccom Double Deuces to quad load and do well with it, and also know several who use other offerings like AP and others who also do well.

I have several friends with multiple brands of caddies who make due with them, so if noone around you has any to try, you could guinea pig them and see what you prefer...the one you do not prefer loading from quickly becomes your slug/buckshot caddie.

Extremely well made, and this- its a lot easier to grab two than four- faster reloads with two- spaced just the right distance apart from the next two, so there is no fumbling around- and there is not to many shells in the hand at one time-

and I have never lost a round running stage to stage-

Edited by Rolex

If you are willing to consider others, give Invictus a serious look. They work well, retain well, and have stellar customer service. Invictus has dedicated load2, dedicated quadload, and you can use the quadload ones as load2 also.

http://youtu.be/zlqy1J3nQGs?t=1m45s

Several shooters locally have switched from the AP to Invictus for what Mark said. The other thing that can be done on the AP is to double up on the spring clips which give them better retention. The AP are nicely made.

The Carbon Arms clips are great because they are molded and smooth.

Feel free to PM me for other thoughts. Good luck with your choice!

Edited by AustinWolv

If you are willing to consider others, give Invictus a serious look. They work well, retain well, and have stellar customer service. Invictus has dedicated load2, dedicated quadload, and you can use the quadload ones as load2 also.

http://youtu.be/zlqy1J3nQGs?t=1m45s

Several shooters locally have switched from the AP to Invictus for what Mark said. The other thing that can be done on the AP is to double up on the spring clips which give them better retention. The AP are nicely made.

The Carbon Arms clips are great because they are molded and smooth.

Feel free to PM me for other thoughts. Good luck with your choice!

^^ This in a nutshell. Invictus quality and price made me ditch my other dual and quad loaders.

Unless you only walk during stages, between the two, the Taccom is going to be a better choice. The retention on the APs is just not secure enough for rapid movement.

I have found this to be true. Last week I put a short piece of 1/4" shrink tubing on each spring clip, about 1/16" from the tip. Shot a local match without issue....but not a lot of rapid movement. Time will tell.

Ya I would seriously look at the invictus 2.8 It lets you load 2 and quad load if you get there or want to try to get there. If you are hell bent on a dedicated load 2 and dont want the option to ever quad load they have dedicated load 2 system but I havent used it. Im sure its great! On my 2.8's ( I have 3) the retention is really good and its very adjustable. Kevin owns it and his customer service is some of, if not the best in the business. I have tried almost every brand and I like theirs the most. I would go to a 3 gun match and switch stuff around and try different loaders to see what you like best. If you ask im sure someone will unclip theirs and let you use it. Sometimes its personal preference on what people like.

I switched to the TACCOM Duelin Dueces carrier this year just before the Nordic Shotgun Match and I fricken love them. Here's my review of them shortly after making the switch http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=199107&hl=

With a few more months on them now I can honestly say my opinion has not changed in the least.

I used to run the AP system, but I switched to in invictus practical and never looked back... it allowed me to make the transition to quad loading seamless and allows me to still load twins if I need to, here is my belt for a massive shotgun only match or stage... I run 3 of the 2.8's with a 2.6 for slug and Buck. I still run a couple weak hand load 4's for topping off after missing and screwing up your round count/reloading planning for those "oh sh*t" moments... plus Kevin at IP is about as good as it gets for customer service
ff23da8bbe5709adfaf0d872326feaee.jpg

Edited by mulrick