Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-treme bullets price fluctuations?

mellow13

Hey all. Just about to put in my first order at x-treme bullets for .40 rnfp 180s at about $48/500. I placed them in my cart and I took some time to call them to help me make a decision, rnfp vs hp. Went back to my cart 30 min later to finalize my purchase, and the price jumped to 52.94/500!! Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not acting sooner.

Anyways.. in your experience, have you seen prices go up and down frequently? Wondering if I should wait for a drop. This kinda negates the free August shipping I was trying to jump on.

Check out your local gas station. I see them change prices twice a day.

Ask any one who lived through the Carter "presidency" about prices changing daily/hourly--it was like living in a banana republic with run-away inflation.

Pricing has to cover the cost of purchasing new materials to replace what was used. If copper or lead prices went up and they were notified, they will try to pass on the price increase to maintain their profit margin.

You could call and ask if you can get the price quoted when you were preparing to order--they might just let you.

I already tried calling them a few times and got the answering machine. Left a message and patiently waiting. I completely understand how price fluctuations can happen, especially when it comes to gas. Just wanted to know if anyone here has seen prices frequently going up, and more importantly, down with x-treme bullets specifically. Thanks for the input. =)

X-treme bullets has been very aggressively pricing its bullets, so they are probably much more sensitive to any changes in raw material pricing (they definitely are making a play to become the #1 plated bullet brand). I am surprised they have been holding their prices down as long as they have. They are pricing their bullets down with cast lead, so they would be my #1 choice if I wanted to buy plated bullets--there can't be much profit margin at their prior pricing when copper-plated swaged lead bullets are priced down with cast lead.

Are they still giving free-shipping?

Can you order more and get a price break? I like to order about 70# of bullets and have them in a USPS fixed rate box to save bullet and shipping costs, but even going to 1000 will often produce a good per bullet cost drop.

I haven't seen them fluctuate but understand the price change. There is free shipping through aug, so consider the 5.00 increase the shipping fee and order a bunch!

I've previously asked about price breaks and they didn't offer them to the public. I appreciate this because I am getting them still cheaper in smaller qty than I would with others even in very large orders

I ordered 1500 9mm 147 RN yesterday over the phone. $39 per 500, free shipping. I switched to Xtreme for 9mm, .38 and 45 last year and I am tickled to death with both the performance and the price. I always order over the phone because I will not type a CC# into my computer and I have never gotten an answering machine. Some people forget they are in Vegas and on PST. Call too early and you'll get an answering machine. I'm a Big Fan of Xtreme Bullets... I can't beat the combo of price/performance/service.

Some people forget they are in Vegas ...

Actually they are in Moundhouse (near Carson City.)

Although I still think they are a good outfit (since being bought by a large corp), I preferred dealing with them when they were a smaller, family owned business.

You might want to get on their email list. From Xtreme:

Free Shipping All of August!

For the entire month of August, all orders of $150.00 or more ships absolutely free right to your door. Take advantage and stock up now through the month of August!

Edited by varminter22

• 3 weeks later...

Ivebeen using Xtreme 124gr and 115gr 9mm and haven't seen the price fluctuate like that personally. I can understand that but since I've been ordering they have had great prices. I haven't bought lead simply because their HPCB (Heavy Plated Concave Base) are quite comparable to lead. And the accuracy is great.

post-55645-0-18426500-1410872909_thumb.j