Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA compliant holster for S&W Model 15 4"

Tom D.

Before I get flamed for not searching including websites, I did with no helpful results. Now, with that said, I defer to the more experienced here for guidance. I may or may not compete but I really enjoy shooting my M15 but need a better, as in quicker holster. Your help is appreciated.

A Blade Tech SRB works well. You just need to tell them not to go crazy on the speed cut in the front as they sometimes go too far. IDPA doesn't allow the front speed cut to go more than 1" below the rear of the cylinder.

I would check out Garrett Industries. They make at least 1 IWB holster for revolvers; not sure about OWB. http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thunder-iwb-revolver/

The reason I suggest checking them out is that I just got their Silent Thunder holster for my CZ and it it awesome. Kydex outer and leather-lined. Fit my gun like a glove right out of the box.

JR

Thanks, guys. Didn't see the holster on Blade Tech site but will look again.

You need to select OWB holsters then S&W for brand and then 15 4" for the model. The attachment for IDPA would be the "Sting Ray Loop". Then pick your color and you are there.

The Safariland 568 with the belt loop works well too.

I second this. Someone here recommended it and I got one for my Model 10 Heavy Barrel. Great holster, holds the revolver securely and yet still allows a smooth quick draw. With the belt loop attachment is it very comfortable on a good belt. It is also very easy on the wallet.

Edited by mcb