Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA allow low ride holsters?

1eyedfatman

In IDPA, it looks like all holsters for all divisions must be belt loop level. I have a 3gun belt where I have a low ride attachment that lowers my clip in holster. I'm not clear on USPSA. Reading the rules, it looks like USPSA is very similar to IDPA...that holster has to be belt loop level, behind the hip bone. Is this true for both USPSA Production and Limitted? I can either where my IDPA belt or my 3gun belt but just want to make sure I'm in the rules. PS...when I say low ride, I don't mean exteamly low ride down the leg with leg ties...just a little lower then belt level. I Bladetech/Comp-tech make a holster like that with an offset down. I've seen a lady USPSA Production shooter using one of these type of low offset holsters which made me unsure.

Drop offset holsters are fine for all divisions (except single stack) as long as the heel of the butt of the gun is not below the top of the belt. (5.2.7.2). For single stack the entire front strap has to be at or above the top of the belt, except for ladies where it can be the same height as all other divisions. (Appendix D5 #20)

Watch out for the Blade Tech DOH holsters, though. The heel of the butt of the gun may be above the belt, but the inner side of the grip has to be within 2" of the inner side of the belt (all Divisions) and the Blade Tech is said to hold the gun out way farther than that. I bought a Boss holster hanger to correct that, and a friend just got one for the same reason.

Watch out for the Blade Tech DOH holsters, though. The heel of the butt of the gun may be above the belt, but the inner side of the grip has to be within 2" of the inner side of the belt (all Divisions) and the Blade Tech is said to hold the gun out way farther than that. I bought a Boss holster hanger to correct that, and a friend just got one for the same reason.

Yup. They changed something on the hanger---the old ones were fine. Had to heat/bend/wedge/glue the heck out of a DOH for my

CZ to get it under 2".

Warning, thread hi jack:

I found my problem with the 2" limit, is the twisting of the belt. I got rid of the problem by replacing the bottom screw in the holster with a longer screw, and a simple round drawer pull. Keeps the gun more vertical.

With the old rule book, you've already satisfied the 2" requirement since it used to say any part of the gun. With the current rule book, you'll need to somehow get that grip closer in. Perhaps some washers in the forward bolts?

It actually makes sub-2" to the grip panel as is. I'll double check to make sure, but I believe I measured to the grip when I set it up.

Edited by JAFO