Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with lose screw on a 1050

edazu8yz.jpg

This screw fell behind my 1050 last night. The only other non-dillon i have is Mr. B and it doesn't use this screw type. I did my best to look but all screw seems to be there. 3/4", 3/32 hex key head. Now i dont have a peace of mind loading. Any help where to look is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No sir. I did check that and that screw is actually larger. The closest i saw was the screw that holds the retention spring for the indexer arm for the shell plate. Similar ones are the screw on the primer alarm assembly. Powder assembly doesnt have one. If there is, then maybe its this. But i didnt see any empty holes.

Low primer alarm clamp screw, maybe fell from the PC die (if you use one)?

Most all of the screws into metal that Dillon uses are socket head cap screws. The button head screws are more often found when used to secure plastics but there are some exceptions.

Edited by jmorris

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I recommend:

1. You need to identify the correct thread size 1st. For example: "1/4-20"

2. Download the Dillon Super 1050 manual in PDF.

3. Do a search in the document for that thread size. For example: "1/4-20" or "1/4 - 20"

4. Identify each screw of that size in the manual.

5. Verify each of those screws is in place.

Here is the link for the PDF version of the manual:

http://dillonhelp.com/Dillon%20Manual%20PDFs/super_1050_manual_may_2007.pdf

My wife thinks I also have a loose screw but this process won't help with that.......... :devil:

Edited by GDIS46

I am guessing he figured it out over the last week and a half, just not going to tell us.

It does remind me that I need to take an extra screw over to a buddy's house and leave it on the bench next to a press when I leave...

Edited by jmorris

I received my new 1050 this year. It came with that extra button headed cap screw. I went over the diagram and the machine for what seemed like hours. I finally just chalked it up to an extra screw (1/4-20x 5/8).

Missing from my machine was a set screw for the case feeder. (Which appears to be a 5/16” in diameter) I don’t care about the missing set screw, the case feeder is very secure with almost a press fit onto the square channel.

Edited by RonofVa

I am guessing he figured it out over the last week and a half, just not going to tell us.

It does remind me that I need to take an extra screw over to a buddy's house and leave it on the bench next to a press when I leave...

That's evil! I'll have to remember to do that to my buddy!