Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P 22 Compact Pistol

ZackJones

I have a regular size M&P 22 and really like it a lot. It feeds just about anything you can put through with the exception of subsonic loads. S&W really does a nice job with these pistols.

You should say walther does a nice job with them haha I like mine alot too.

Hmm, I didn't realize Walther built them for S&W but if they do, I would certainly have no problems giving the kudos to Walther. It is a really nice little 22LR pistol!

I have only one minor problem with the M&P 22LR and that is, whoever built the slide made it just a tad fatter than the actual M&P 9mm/40SW pistols and so it is a tight fit for most of the holsters I have tried. Other than that, it is perfect!

fixed sights on full size and adj on compact , go figure :surprise:

I wonder if those sights on the compact would be available for after market purchase? Does anyone know? I haven't checked and that is why I am asking.

• 2 weeks later...

fixed sights on full size and adj on compact , go figure :surprise:

BATFE uses a system of points accumulated based on things like caliber (gentlemanly vs. pocket pistol), barrel length, palmswell grips, thumb rests, and target vs fixed sights. It could be that the compact actually works better with adjustable sights, or it could be some importation bull.

I've always figured if I get an M&P 22 I want it to have the same trigger as its larger cousins.

Edited by thermobollocks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a regular size M&P 22 and really like it a lot. It feeds just about anything you can put through with the exception of subsonic loads. S&W really does a nice job with these pistols.

JMike, ours will only run CCI mini mags and when I say run not one issue, but everything else not so much. Any tricks or just lucky?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...