Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swapping safeties legality

waktasz

I have a Stock 2. It came with the extended ambi safeties. My buddy has a Limited Pro that came with the custom ambi safeties. It won't fit the box with his safeties. I want to trade him my safeties and just run the single custom size safety on mine..no ambi. EAA sells the custom single side safety for $115...I like it but not for that much. Would it be legal to run just the left side of the custom size ambi? The post would stick out of the right side of the gun a bit.

interesting how the USPSA/IPSC rules are different. in most ways iPSC is more restrictive but they figured since they have a 'list' for production, and only factory option parts are approved that they don't need a box any more. we don't have weight limit either. if the guns on the list, and the parts are factory option parts your gun is good to go. you guys have a lot more freedom with internals etc though... :)

• 1 year later...

yes the limited pro from my understanding. I got mine from eric in France and was a lot cheaper. If you need all the parts to tune a stock 2 getting them from EG will save you a lot of money, even with paying the 22 euro expidited shipping which was 6 days for me. Faster than BSPS IME with 7 orders.

Edited by vixty

I wish you could, that would make it easy. If not, throw a little money at it and achieve the same thing. But, since it skirts too close to "disabling a safety" and "external modification", no range lawyer is going to be able to call this.

There is only one guy who can answer this, the DNROI.

BTW... I use the single side safety off the Stock 1 and it is a sweet setup.

Edited by aceinyerface