Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 X-Treme Bullets Texas 3 Gun Championship at Copperhead Creek

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the slug targets (like Stage 2) gongs or paper? I am guessing they are gongs that need only one hit, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Steel, either full sized IPSC or C-Zones.

Oh, one other question after looking at the stages. On Stage 5, there is a discrepenacy between the "Scoring" text and the rest of the description ("Stage Procedure" text and picture). Scoring includes 6 C-Zones (other than the 4 rifle targets, I presume) and 4 flash targets. Are they in the stage or is the picture correct?

Fixed. Nice catch thanks.

How do we know our squad or our schedule or AM/PM? Did I miss an email as all I have is an application confirmaiton.

Didn't you select a schedule on your application? The Squad lists will come out a week or so before the match. Squads 1-10 are AM/PM/AM and Squads 11-20 are PM/AM/PM. If you are Jeff Marshall you are on AM/PM/AM.. :)

Edited by BigLucky

How do we know our squad or our schedule or AM/PM? Did I miss an email as all I have is an application confirmaiton.

Didn't you select a schedule on your application? The Squad lists will come out a week or so before the match. Squads 1-10 are AM/PM/AM and Squads 11-20 are PM/AM/PM. If you are Jeff Marshall you are on AM/PM/AM.. :)

Thanks for that. I got so much crap going on right now I don't know if I'm comming or going. Pretty bad when you loose track of the matches you sign up for.....

Thanks for the quick answers!

If anybody cares, I did a round count and came up with a max required (2 per paper and not counting misses, of course!) per gun of 171 pistol, 202 rifle, 162 shot, and 9 slugs. That counts optional targets towards both guns possible (e.g., the 52 shots on Stage 10 are counted towards both pistol and rifle).

That said, it looks like the actual required number of shots for the match is about 460, which looks like fun to me! Can't wait.

A little bit of an update. 3 weeks until the match.

At this point we have

16 in Heavy Optics, 12 in Limited, 17 in Open, 24 in Ladies division, and 135 registered in Tac Optics.

See you on the range.

Kurt

The stages look awesome!!!!! Can't wait to get down there and lay it down...For those of you who have not been to this range...Its a must shoot/see place to be. Very awesome people and range layout

Jacob

Kurt

I am looking through the rules for Tac Limited and I wanted to make sure I bring the correct equipment. According to the rules I dont have to have downloaded pistol mags, I can use 40rd pmags with taran base pads for rifle, and I can have as long of a shotgun tube as I want correct?

Mike

Kurt

I am looking through the rules for Tac Limited and I wanted to make sure I bring the correct equipment. According to the rules I dont have to have downloaded pistol mags, I can use 40rd pmags with taran base pads for rifle, and I can have as long of a shotgun tube as I want correct?

Mike

Yes to all of those things.

Kurt

Mike

Yes to all of those things.

Thanks Kurt

Howdy Kurt, The link for stage 10 "Freedom O Choice" won't open. Keeps showing an error. Today Thu 09Apr2015-1807

404 (Page Not Found) Error
If you're the site owner, one of two things happened:
  1. 1) You entered an incorrect URL into your browser's address bar, or
  2. 2) You haven't uploaded content.
If you're a visitor and not sure what happened:
  1. 1) You entered or copied the URL incorrectly or
  2. 2) The link you used to get here is faulty.
  3. (It's an excellent idea to let the link owner know.)

Getting close to the match. Less than 2 weeks until lead will fly.

A couple of reminders and some info.

1. Registration and stage walkthroughs will start at 1600 on Thursday and run until 1900.

2. If at all possible, bring a soft gun case to use when being shuttled to the stages that you won't be able to drive to (6,7,8). You will be shuttled to these stages from a central location and will need to bring everything that you need to shoot whichever of those stages you are scheduled to shoot that day along with you.

3. If you have one, a UTV or ATV will make your life a little easier. We are going to work our butts off on the shuttle service, but always good if you can shuttle yourself. (If you are on an ATV/UTV without a roll cage you will need a helmet).

4. Shooters meeting for AM Friday will be at 0645. Shooter Meeting for PM Friday will be at 1245.

5. I am working on finalizing the squadding and hope to get it sent out by Wednesday this week (4/15).

Please remember that the Staff are there working for you and show them the appreciation they deserve.

Please remember that we couldn't do any of this without the support of our awesome sponsors. Please remember them when making your purchases.

http://www.ar15target.com/championship/sponsors

See you on the range.

unless I missed it, one thing I have looked for in the rules and found absent was the magazine capacity for tac heavy

optics.

I assume it's 20 rds just like heavy??

That was the intention, but it isn't there, and it is too late to make a change. Game on in Heavy Optics...

It is best that you mail it in or what is even better is email Rhonda@copperheadclub.com and call the range and put the match fee on a credit card. We are trying to avoid dealing with registering walk ins.

Copperhead Creeks phone number is 830-265-4950

Squad list:

http://www.ar15target.com/championship/images/Squad%20List%202015%20TX%203gun%20Championship.pdf

Schedule:

http://www.ar15target.com/championship/images/Shooting%20Schedule.jpg

Registration will be open in the event tent from 1600-1900 on Thursday. For those who can't make it on Thursday we will have registration available at 0600 for people in AM squads and 1200 at the Clubhouse. Registration will be open in the event tent from 1600-1900 on Thursday. For those who can't make it on Thursday we will have registration available at 0600 for people in AM squads and 1200 at the Clubhouse.