Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I made the connection...

Tory Schmeiser

The late Jack Lemmon once sat in front of a group of acting students and was talking about his role in the film " Mr. Roberts".

Now follow this linking of acting and shooting...

He said on a given scene (stage) he had mapped out exactly what he was going to do. (Or in our case how to shoot it.)

Everytime he got his cue he would follow his plan...and evertime the Director said ..."Jack do less...give me a little less"...after a dozen takes of this Jack Lemmon gets flustered and looks at the Director and says...

"If I do less I wont be doing anything but reading.(shooting)"

"EXACTLY!" was the directors reply.

Ok maybe it seemed better in my head at 3am as I was reading BE's book...as I was working my crummy job because Im an actor who needs to pay for his shooting habit.

That's OK Ron, it's easy to get confused when we got gals like Rosie O'Donnel out there.

BTW, I just said that because I think thespian is really a fun word, especially if you pronounce it with a lisp.   Work your eyebows up and down and say it like this:  " Hi, I'm a thethspian, would you like to thee my thix-thooter?"   Oh, go ahead and try it In the mirror Kyle, just make sure nobody's listening.  

(Tory I'm not making fun of your profession, just the crazy English language. )

(Edited by bonedaddy at 4:45 am on April 28, 2002)

I'll save the rest of you folks the trouble of looking it up:

pro·sce·ni·um  

1. The area of a modern theater that is located between the curtain and the orchestra.

2. The stage of an ancient theater, located between the background and the orchestra.

Lemme guess, you all knew that didn't ya?