Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clark/Para ramp

Merlin Orr

Merlin, I posed the same question to Wil Schuemann. He was stronglly against doing it. He claims it would weaken the lug area on the barrel and that the barrel would not be able to be fit correctlly. Drop him a line and he will better explain.

that is correct. clark/para cut from back of slidestop pin to front of cut is .600"

nowlin/wilson cut from back of slidestop pin to front of cut is .500"

you can change the cut from nowlin/wilson to clark/para but not the other way around unless you weld up the frame pocket and then cut it.

I would for sure have someone knowledgable check it out..

was it built on a gunsmith frame or was it built from a factory P16?? I thought all para guns had the C/P ramp cut?? if so how did it get recut to a Wilson/Nowlin cut??

if the frame is indeed a W/N cut it could be cut to fit the deeper C/P cut of the barrel you have now..rather than trying to cut the barrel to fit the frame...

anyway..have someone that know check it out..

Ok, so you can change a FRAME from W/N -> C/P, but not vice-versa.

Does that mean that, if you wanted to for some bizarre reason, you can change a BARREL from C/P -> W/N, but not vice-versa? (ie: opposite the frame)

it could be that the gun was built off one of those gunsmith kits that is an frame void of any ramp cut..

while not likely, could a smith have welded up the old para ramp cut and recut a wilson??

i woulndt understand the reason behind it, but its hard to understand some folks anyway

• 1 month later...