Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who's that in front sight?

outerlimits

page 46 of new front sight...story about area 1. lower part of page has a shooter named greg nauman...wrong, it's ong45! although both are incredibly talented shooters, both regularly finishing in the top 10 at the nationals and steel challenge, this pic is none other than james ong.

james is the primary reason i gave up shooting steel. having shot the steel challenge since 1984, after shooting steel with him each month for a couple years, it was readily apparent i would never catch this guy. thank god he doesn't like 3 gun. so erik, don't get him into that either!!!

Jeez, and they look SO much alike, I mean, it's really *hard* to tell them apart, right :)

Well ... during a stage ong45 is typically that blurr that goes by. The only reason you can somewhat recognize him in that photo is because they used a fast enough camera catch him in action.

Good luck trying to do that with the naked eye. In real life he looks more like the tornado the tasmanian devil kicks up but with bullets flying out of it.

I guess at the nationals last year we should have called Greg and James the Limcat Twins. We called Steve and Kyle just simply the Twins.

Actually I'm pretty sure the title for Steve and Kyle was "The Dryfire Twins" after watching their synchronized warmup at the safety table each day..... :lol::lol:

Yeah, it's really annoying when GMs warm up. That should never be allowed or encouraged... :) :) :)

SA

Steve,

No ---- I'm firmly in favor of GMs warming up. I've just never seen two GMs warming up in a synchronized routine, before or since.

(BTW --- one slightly caustic comment you made following a teasing comment of mine, has changed my LAMR routine --- with better mental results on stages ---Thank You!)

If they're going to do it "synchronized," they should wear swim caps and noseplugs!

Good thing you left out the one-piece spandex ... it would be difficult to satisfy the 3 belt loop rule even for a GM. Please tell me that the elevator music version of the theme song from Fame wasn't playing the background.

Steve,

I've just never seen two GMs warming up in a synchronized routine, before or since. 

LOL..that comes from trying to use just one timer. The guy that has the timer kinda sets the "COF". If you don't do the same stuff...you miss out on timer action (maaan that timer action is some heap good action ;))

And, Steve usually has the timer set on "get'er done" speed.

Oh...and if you have "Mr. Dryfire" standing next to you while warming up...go with his routine. Chances are, he won't leave anything out.

Greg.......my brother from another mother :lol:

Outerlimits,

haven't finished in the top 10 at nationals yet though <_<

btw, my dog ate the cap :angry: ...no i haven't put him down yet. My wife promised to knit me a new one.