Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz for limited?

3djedi

I live in kansas city. Does CZ have a storefront?

You know that CZ-USA is base in Kansas City? Look up Matt Hopkins on facebook and find out if he's shooting USPSA sometime, I'm sure he can find a TS for you to gander.
Lol....saw him today at a match. Didn't get a chance to talk to him though....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been looking at the CZ-75 CTS but noticed that darn thing weight 54oz while an STi edge weighs 38oz. That's a full one pound more! That thing must be a beast to maneuver......

I've been looking at the CZ-75 CTS but noticed that darn thing weight 54oz while an STi edge weighs 38oz. That's a full one pound more! That thing must be a beast to maneuver......

Not sure how it could weigh that much. My 9mm TS weighs 43.05 without the magazine and 47.3 with a mag and 140mm extension.

I have removed a bit of material from the frame but not as much as they take off the frame of the CTS.

Make sure you handle both a CTS and a TS. Personally I don't like all of the weight that they pull off of the frame on the CTS.

I wish I could. I haven't seen either one around here. I've seen quite a few shadows though....

http://czcustom.com/cts40sandwblueinv.aspx

Look towards the bottom. Says 54oz w/ mag.

But to be fair I don't think the weight listed for STi includes a mag...

Not only that but the CZC is sporting a honking big mag funnel. The stock weight of this gun is 45.28 ounces according to the CZ website but I don't know if that includes a magazine.

With all that weight, it ought to be extremely easy to keep on target.

Edited by JMike

I think there may be something wrong with that weight figure. I can't see it being a pound heavier than a comparable S_I once they both have magwell, 140mm mag etc.

anyway, the best bet is to try and get hands on a TS and a CTS and see how it feels to you. personally if I was shooting limited/standard that's the gun I'd be shooting.

I think there may be something wrong with that weight figure. I can't see it being a pound heavier than a comparable S_I once they both have magwell, 140mm mag etc.

anyway, the best bet is to try and get hands on a TS and a CTS and see how it feels to you. personally if I was shooting limited/standard that's the gun I'd be shooting.

No way that weight is right. Like I said, with the big mag well, a little bit of frame removed (up to the SN) and the cast checkering gone I am at 43 oz with no mags.

http://czcustom.com/cts40sandwblueinv.aspx

Look towards the bottom. Says 54oz w/ mag.

But to be fair I don't think the weight listed for STi includes a mag...

Weighed my bone stock TS 9mm: 41.9 oz empty, 46.2 with 140mm mag. Maybe it's a typo? I'd imagine the CTS weighs 44 oz with mag. Edited by kneelingatlas

9mm & 40SW are two different animals in most pistol platforms. I have one of each (9mm vs 40SW) in two different platforms and they vary up to 6-7 ounces depending on the manufacturer.

Let us compare apples to apples.

Visit the CZ website for exactly correct manufacturers information.

Edited by JMike

44 would certainly seem like a more logical weight. looks like it may have been a finger slip!

If your business is selling high quality custom CZs at approximately $2400 a pop, I kinda doubt it. If the manufacturer makes that kind of mistake on specifications, it would kind of make anyone wonder what else they are dicking up with the actual manufacture of the said custom pistol.

My guess is the weight does include the magazine where other weight estimates do not.

If your business is selling high quality custom CZs at approximately $2400 a pop, I kinda doubt it. If the manufacturer makes that kind of mistake on specifications...

Speaking of specifications, have you ever compared the barrel lengths advertised by CZC and CZ USA vs CZ UB and reality? ;)

9mm & 40SW are two different animals in most pistol platforms. I have one of each (9mm vs 40SW) in two different platforms and they vary up to 6-7 ounces depending on the manufacturer.

actually my experience with CZ and tanfoglio is kind of the opposite. their 9 and 40 are the same (same size 'action' if you like a rifle reference) and then 38 super is large frame (or long action in a rifle term). but that's kind of by the by.

as for accuracy of weights and measures published on the web. they are frequently wrong. both by the manufacturer and by dealers/custom shops. it's no indictment of their quality control in making pistols. after all most websites wouldn't be built or maintained by their gunsmiths... they'd be built by a web designer and maintained by a data entry clerk or admin staff. Even if they are maintained by their gunsmiths their ability to type with 100% accuracy doesn't directly translate to expertise as a gunsmith in my eyes.

I think it's fair to assume that a pistol with weight removed will not be 10 oz heavier than the same pistol in factory config.

Sure it's possible their weight includes a mag inserted but an empty mag shouldn't weight anything close to that much.

Look guys, I haven't handled or held any of these pistols. So I cannot weigh or measure what comes from the factory, A-B a 9mm against a 40SW, or compare either to what is remanufactured from CZC.

According to CZC website, they remove metal off the frame. Replace a plastic trigger with a metal version, upgrade the guide rod to a stainless steel guide rod and lord knows what else.

A magazine is only going weigh 3-4 ounces tops. Of course, the CZC magazines in the CZC CTS has been modded to hold an additional 3 rounds with heavier springs and a heavier base pad over a stock pad.

Perhaps that is where the extra weight lies. My bet is the CZC CTS version with magazine weighs exactly what CZC advertises it weighs at 54 ounces.

But again, I don't have one in my hands to confirm.

Maybe Stuart or someone from CZC can confirm whether or not the web site specs for this pistol are correct or not.

Nope. I have a metal trigger aluminum grips, large mag well, CZC hammer, CZC 140mm basepads, CZC new springs and followers, adjustable rear sights, and like I said before much less material removed from the frame. 43 Oz without the 140 mm magazine and 47 with.

We can make excuses, we can do mental gymnastics to make them right, but the reality is that everyone is wrong sometimes. As I found out with the barrel lengths, even if you prove they're wrong, admit they're wrong, promise to change and still don't...

44 oz on my scale with no mag in CTS configuration. 54oz? My stab in the dark guess (but it should be darn close) is that is the weight with a loaded mag.

Thank you for that information. It would appear that I am wrong in believing what the 54 oz weight represents in the CZC specs.

In that case, it makes the CTS even more attractive.

Edited by JMike

Kneeling, I agree. Either the posted weight is flat wrong or it is weighed in a manner thant nobody else in the industry does and is thus, ironically to their own detriment, misleading.

Edited by Neomet

Weighed our CTS

CTSmagweight_zpsc675e2ae.jpg

46.5 oz

also measured the barrel, this with the bushing on too.

DSC_0244_zpsbb786e7c.jpg

Does CZ measure the ramp as part of the OAL of the barrel?

Edited by eerw