Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jam at the match today, Help please.

midvalleyshooter

I have had the same problem, cleaned mags and new 10+ springs still having some issues. I have change OAL from 1.10-1.08 I have tried 146 and 135s n320 3.6. This happens with 5 of my 6 mags, not sure what the issue is but it sucks to have a great stage going and then get this jam occurs.

Things were going great with my new to me SP-01 at the match today for 3 stages. Then on the 4th and last stage I had a jam in the mag. The picture below is how the mag jammed. My loads are at 1.130 OAL using Bear Creek 135 grain round nose. Will new mag springs most likely clear this issue up?

Jamjpg_zps179cbe93.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Jam like that , something is impeding the follower from moving freely. Either dirt, OAL of bullet.

I am loading 1.125 with 135 fmj and everything is running fine.

Edited by eerw

Things were going great with my new to me SP-01 at the match today for 3 stages. Then on the 4th and last stage I had a jam in the mag. The picture below is how the mag jammed. My loads are at 1.130 OAL using Bear Creek 135 grain round nose. Will new mag springs most likely clear this issue up?

Jamjpg_zps179cbe93.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Jam like that , something is impeding the follower from moving freely. Either dirt, OAL of bullet.

I am loading 1.125 with 135 fmj and everything is running fine.

Stu what is the best cleaner to make sure the mag is clean and what else would you suggest to help keep it running smooth in the mag.

I'm not Stu but.....

The Arredondo mag brushes are a must have. Cleans the inside of the mag really well and has a pin on the back of it to release the base plates.

I pop my base plates off, brush them out and then run a rag with silicone on it through the mag body. Then I wipe down the spring and follower as well as the exterior of the mags.

Silicone isn't oily and doesn't leave residue so it lubes your mags and makes them rust resistant but it doesn't attract dirt and gunk.

1. Arredondo brush

2.+10% springs

3. I get very good results using premium car polish inside and outside the mags. (Meguiars Gold liquid car polish or similar)

Makes them slippery inside and out, doesn't collect crud and prevents corrosion. Lasts a long time.

4. No worries

I wish you guys would tell me you're calling, So I know to be polite on the phone.

silicon cloth..have done both. works fine. just buy a silicone reel cloth at Walmart in sporting goods.

I wish you guys would tell me you're calling, So I know to be polite on the phone...

Stuart, no one expects masters in any field to be polite. The top dogs are in front for a reason. I'm just happy when one has the time to solve a problem for me. Don't sweat it and take care of yourself.

Edited by jmbaccolyte