Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS .40 slide swap on 9mm TS? (interchangeable?)

trgt

If you have a 9mm Tactical Sport, and want to run a .40 TS slide to play USPSA Limited / Major, is it a no-fuss slide swap?

And probably the .40 TS mags to make sure no issues?

... just checking if you could have both slides to swap as desired (maybe 9mm for 3gun, 40 for USPSA) ?

Seems like one part for the TS ejector, so nothing caliber specific on the frame, so beyond any minor slide fitting, wondering/hoping this is a low cost possibility for 2 calibers with a 9mm TS, vs needing two guns?

###

( Didn't see this question that I could find - mostly was things on the barrel, that a 9mm barrel can run in a .40 TS, but not the opposite. But please do point me to thread if I missed, thx!)

Cool, thanks on the additional info.

Yes, I'm aware of the barrel swap issues, in this case I was asking about swapping complete slides / top ends.

So kinda the opposite of a Kadet kit for a Shadow, this would be USPSA Limited/Major kit for a Tactical sport 9mm :-)

Just seeing if that was an option vs buying another gun if I wanted to run in that class at any point. Sounds like it is. Thanks again everyone!

Hi,

I have both 9mm and 40SW TS.

Both barrels are of same diameter and only change you need, should be mags and recoil springs.

You have a small difference in the recoil spring lug, on a 9mm TS, there is a small plastic bushing....

Like I said above, I have both 9mm and .40 top ends and they both run fine on the same lower, which began life as a 9mm. Also, I have both 9mm and 40 mags and have run 40 in the 9mm mags without an issue. It was a test shoot but I discovered the error after I bagged the gun and I thought to myself hey that wasn't supposed to work.

Hi,

I have both 9mm and 40SW TS.

Both barrels are of same diameter and only change you need, should be mags and recoil springs.

You have a small difference in the recoil spring lug, on a 9mm TS, there is a small plastic bushing....

My 40 ts came with bushings.

Tarzan say bushings bad. Trust Tarzan.

Seriously though, ditch them. They are a vestigial band-aid from the IPSC model which had issues the TS does not. They can cause issues with short stroking and disintegration at inopportune moments.

I believe Kouzi is referring to the plastic recoil spring sleeve on the 9mm's as the bushing, and the other gentlemen are referring to the recoil buffer's.

post-50115-0-73646300-1403926795_thumb.j

Edited by Czhase